MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Cold Air intake 06 gt (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/116261-cold-air-intake-06-gt.html)

5StangsandCounting 04-14-2006 02:30 AM

Cold Air intake 06 gt

Just curious if anyone has anything to say about getting a cold air kit for the new Gt. When these are installed, can you actually tell a difference? Do you need to get a Flasher to get any real performance? and with all the different options available, are they all pretty close? I'm thinking C&L or Airaid... any thoughts? Appreciate the help!

gcotton 04-14-2006 02:36 AM

RE: Cold Air intake 06 gt

I have a AEM intake and it doesnt require a tuner and it made 15hp on the dyno. After the tune it was 27. You can feel it but its not like adding a blower or anything. But it makes a killer noise.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT 04-14-2006 02:36 AM

yes i believe u need a tune. to get full potential at least. id go with JLT. they have the best CAI to my knowledge, the most hp at least, especially with their tuner+CAI package, thats 28-34 RWHP (claimed).

Rezalien 04-14-2006 02:55 AM

Difference: major, night and day, huge improvement, killer sound and even better performance
Regret: only that you waited so long to do it

You will need a tune with most CAI... I came close to just getting the tune by itself and picking up the CAI later but I'm VERY glad I took the advice of some forum members and went ahead and got the combo CAI and tune. (JLTII and SCT) It's worth spending the $ IMO...

Click on my profile and check out my past postings to see a full "write-up" on my CAI/Tune install...:D

Mrverdin2000 04-14-2006 04:14 AM

Cold air intake is an excellent mod to start with. C&l inlet pipe has the best looks, and steeda has a great hp increase! so why not combine both, by getting the inlet pipe for $159 and steeda cai for $299 (estimate). Get the best of both! For the tune you choose the one that you prefer. Either sct or predator.

Timmay!!! 04-14-2006 05:42 AM

Has anyone tried the new MRT intake for the new GT. They mainly advertise the one for the V-6 but they have a fairly nice looking one out for the GT and they claim it requires no tuning. Maybe I'll be the first.

pirate59 04-14-2006 07:20 AM

I installed the airaid on my 06 vert,thought it was great for about a week.They claim 17 hp,the only diff. I could tell was the intake sound.If you live were you can get the airaid custom tuned with out the venturi tube it would be great,but with the tube in, it is stock form,I can't see were you could get much gain with that.I sent it back to the vendor,and got a c&l with tuner from brent.This is just what happened to me,so it's just my thoughts on it.

LEJAY 04-14-2006 11:07 AM

OK after you get the CAI, How / or / Who does the tuning work ?

viking396 04-14-2006 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: 5StangsandCounting

Just curious if anyone has anything to say about getting a cold air kit for the new Gt. When these are installed, can you actually tell a difference? Do you need to get a Flasher to get any real performance? and with all the different options available, are they all pretty close? I'm thinking C&L or Airaid... any thoughts? Appreciate the help!
For my money the Tunable Induction CAI can't be beat. The C&L gets hot, while my car is running it barely gets warm, with the hood closed I can only imagine how hot metal CAI's get. There are a lot of C&L fans out there and I am not out to tarnish it.

Here is a pic, I've since relocated the rubber hose to under the CAI.

http://www.radiofun.homestead.com/100_1714.JPG

4wheelkillr 04-14-2006 11:52 AM

Cold air intakes and exhaust and in that order are probably the two biggest topics on this board, followed closely by forced induction.

Do a search and you're bound to find about 1000 topics on it.