Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust Mac or Borla 06 Gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:35 AM
5StangsandCounting
1st Gear Member

Default Best Exhaust Mac or Borla 06 Gt

I'd like to get a different Muffler set installed. Borla and Mac both look good... But what has the best performance, and keeps the sound in check.. I don't mind a little growl in my pipes, but I don't want anything too loud, you know, wife and neighbors...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:27 AM
k9eros

Default RE: Best Exhaust Mac or Borla 06 Gt

I've asked this question also, and gotten lots of different answers.

I'm an older guy, I like an aggressive exhaust note but not overpoweringly loud. I had a set of B&B Bullets on my Z06, they lasted two days before they were removed and replaced with something a lot less obnoxious. On this Mustang I didn't want drone and wanted good sound without being stupid.
I finally decided to go with the FRPP Borla Stinger system. I was afraid it would be too loud looking at the size of the mufflers, but it actually sounds very good. I haven't heard it from the outside yet, but inside it sounds great; much deeper than most other systems, a bit of drone at certain RPM's when accelerating, but no drone and quiet inside when on the highway. Overall a great system. Also, working alone with nothing but a set of ramps, a few sockets, an air ratchet and impact wrench it took me less than 40 minutes to R&R the mufflers. Because of the size of the Borla mufflers they are easier to install than the larger ones.
Tonight at a store, a guy asked me if I had driven past there a few minutes before. I said yes I had, his only comment was that the exhaust sounded awesome.

ORIGINAL: 5StangsandCounting

I'd like to get a different Muffler set installed. Borla and Mac both look good... But what has the best performance, and keeps the sound in check.. I don't mind a little growl in my pipes, but I don't want anything too loud, you know, wife and neighbors...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I would imagine the borla stingers provide better flow being a straight through design but the Mac will be a little quieter. Both sound good and are on my the top of my list.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i'm thinking borla...
Old 04-14-2006, 01:37 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

Hey there "5stangsandcounting" .... cool username! You got me beat...mine would be 3 stangs and counting. LOL!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:48 PM
5StangsandCounting
1st Gear Member

Hey thanks,
Mabey I should more properly call myself 'on my fifth stang, but own one at a time' ... as I'm getting the impression that it sounds like I still have all five.. I wish..
Old 04-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Macs are loud and they have drone.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:41 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicStanGirl

Hey there "5stangsandcounting" .... cool username! You got me beat...mine would be 3 stangs and counting. LOL!
hey I was 5xStang till I ordered # 6, at which point I became 6xStang......nobody ever complimented me.....boo hoo......
Old 04-14-2006, 07:19 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

This is one I've given a lot of thought, I have the MAC's and love the sound on the outside but the drone on the inside is unbearable at times. The Borla's I'm told aren't as harsh inside the car and sound as good as the MAC's outside. If I were to do it over I'd opt for the Borla's.

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Absolutely love my Borla Stingers, they are so sexy!

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Mac or Borla 06 Gt