Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good spark plugs..?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Good spark plugs..?

Autolite Revolutions HTO. $9.50 each. I run them on a stock motor and they burn beautiful. For N/a run the gap as it is from Autolite. For supercharger close it to .028.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Any dyno results?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

well... i just got a phone call from a friend saying that the problem from his mustang GT https://mustangforums.com/m_1255217/tm.htm Was because of there was some water on the engine he took his GT to the car wash and those SOBS sprayed water on the engine which caused some problems in few connections and the spark plugs .... so he called the dealer asking them about the price of plugs and they said 13.5 $ for each plug now thats too much right ?

so i told my friends to go get some better racing plugs ... but i wanted to make sure first are the racing plugs safe without a tunner? will there problems occur later on with them ( racing plugs being there ) ?
From the dealer that's about average. You can find the EXACT ones from motorcraft at an auto parts store for half the price. OR you can spend that much and get BETTER plugs aftermarket.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Derf00
From the dealer that's about average. You can find the EXACT ones from motorcraft at an auto parts store for half the price. OR you can spend that much and get BETTER plugs aftermarket.
Derf - As has been said before these are not standard plugs, this is an all new design and Ford owns the patent. Autolite is the only one manufacturing the plug. The cheapest you can find these plugs is $9-$10 each shipped.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:20 AM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

The HT0's in my case were not for horse power gain but because they are a cooler plug. Lesser chance of detonation.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
05kecarr

I have many friends that run their cars with NGKs and never had any problems with them..I just ordered mine last Friday and they should be in to me by tomorrow..I bought 8 of them (just in case, no reason not to have extras right?) and I'm going to run them with JBA PowerCables..all should be installed by this Sunday..I need to service my car on Saturday first lol
Old 04-24-2006, 11:03 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

05kecarr - As we have said before the 3v 4.6 and 5.4's take a completely new plug design NGK doesn't make a plug for them.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:56 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05kecarr

I have many friends that run their cars with NGKs and never had any problems with them..I just ordered mine last Friday and they should be in to me by tomorrow..I bought 8 of them (just in case, no reason not to have extras right?) and I'm going to run them with JBA PowerCables..all should be installed by this Sunday..I need to service my car on Saturday first lol
[sm=bs.gif] NGK doesn't make them...so you did not order them....and what color power cables did you go with? should look great laying on top of the motor cause we don't have them either.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:58 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93BlackNotch

NGK's... You can run them on a stock motor... You dont need a tune for plugs...lol
Would this be why us S197 guys do not want to deal with the general forum? As we said, our cars have NOTHING in common with the earlier models.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:17 AM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone else heard that the iridium plugs disperse heat better than platinium?

Quick Reply: Good spark plugs..?