Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spoiler plug up holes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:51 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: spoiler plug up holes

Does anyone know if the other aftermarket spoilers (i.e. the boy racer spoiler) match up perfectly with the factory holes?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

This is my only dilema about getting my ducktail, I wanted the CDC but am not sure what to do with the holes... Do the Roush spoilers cover the holes does anybody know?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:37 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Good 'ol Autozone, the "leaders in spoiler plugs", next, walk accross the lot to Walmart, buy 1 tube Silver / Gray Nail Polish (high gloss to match clear coat). There you have it, your geennnywine $7.95 do-it-yourself hole filler on a $30,000.00 + American Icon. You've really done your car justice.

Plan "B", buy 2 #5 decals, mount them directly above them 2 holes, and there you go, twin "500's", on your rear deck.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right, regardless of cost. If you are worried about money, you never would have bought such a fine automobile.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I believe they do. I was saving to do the JLT CAI kit but with gas running $2.999 a gal i'm waiting. I know just with my tune I drop down by as much as 5mpg. I was going to buy the Xenon ducktail or Cervini's, but also want the center fog lite grill.
ORIGINAL: nothsa

This is my only dilema about getting my ducktail, I wanted the CDC but am not sure what to do with the holes... Do the Roush spoilers cover the holes does anybody know?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

Man I believe your alittle harsh. If you have so much extra $$ please share it. I have know problems with buying a spoiler/painting it for my car, and I have the $ to do so. I just at this time do not know what I want to do.
ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Good 'ol Autozone, the "leaders in spoiler plugs", next, walk accross the lot to Walmart, buy 1 tube Silver / Gray Nail Polish (high gloss to match clear coat). There you have it, your geennnywine $7.95 do-it-yourself hole filler on a $30,000.00 + American Icon. You've really done your car justice.

Plan "B", buy 2 #5 decals, mount them directly above them 2 holes, and there you go, twin "500's", on your rear deck.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right, regardless of cost. If you are worried about money, you never would have bought such a fine automobile.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:25 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

i am glad you offer your advice. but until you have walked a mile in every mans shoes you have no room to speak. the spoiler that comes on the 05+ mustnangs is hideous, i was not able to buy one with the spoiler delete option. i am 21 in college full time and work full time to pay for my $700 a month 06 mustang Gt that i bought completly on my own and yes i have other bills to pay also. You are correct in saying if we were worried about money we wouldnt have bought such a fine car, i am not worried about my financial standings, i just cant afford a whole lot more. if you have the money for me to correctly fill in the hole i would be glad for you to send it to me so that i can have it done, but for now my $7.95 do-it-yourself hole filler on my $29,000 american icon will have to do. maybe i will consider the decals next!

i agree that anything worth doing is worth doing right. i am a picky azz SOB and had a really hard time swallowing the fact that i have 2 plugs on my rear deck that look like they came off of the riced out civic i killed a couple weeks ago. but that spoiler just had to go, and when i have the funds i guarantee you those ugly plugs will be comming off.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Fleafromnola
1st Gear Member

FastBackDan
Can you give me the size plugs you used and if they lay flat on the deck lid. I got my 3d Cardon ducktail yesterday and I wanted to cover up the hole to keep water out of my trunk. I do not care what they look like b/c the spoiler will go over it anyway, just want the water to stay out!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:09 AM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

there are 3 different holes. i dont remember the exact size needed. i just went to lowes and bought some ford interior plugs and some thread cutting nuts. i put silicone under the plugs and tightened them down with the nuts, it worked great.

unless fastbackdan replies i will try to figure out what size i used.

Ty
Old 04-19-2006, 07:11 AM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I think I went with the 1/4 inch plugs. When I went up to autozone I just grabed the ones that said made for Ford/Chevy/Mopar. The holes are not big maybe about less than 1/2 cm if that. When you plug them take the time to pick up some 2000gritt sand paper and sand them smooth. Then prime and paint. What color is your car? If you have a hard time finding them shoot me your address and i'll send some free to you. Thanks FastBackDan
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Do any aftermarket spoilers cover the holes?

Quick Reply: spoiler plug up holes