Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I gave the GT away...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I gave the GT away...

ORIGINAL: JML

Damn! I´m twice old as you and I have half your maturity...

Remember, karma does exist. You´ll be ready for that new cobra, C6 z06, veyron, M3, 911, etc. by the time you´re 20.
Man I hope so lol!!!!!

I'm actually looking to become an airline pilot, and one day open my own private airplane business. So hopefully I will make the big bucks!!!!

BTW the stang' is getting tinted right now, so we should have it back by around 4:00 PM!!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Looking back now my first car in high school (1985) was a bit much probably. Got me in lot's of trouble.

(440ci.)

Old 04-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I had fast cars from the age of 15. The big difference is the early ones were all junkers that I had to fix up and turn the wrenches on myself. I am a firm believer in that approach to getting kids started in performance vehicles, give them a starting point and let them put some blood, sweat and tears into it. They will develop a respect for that vehicle (and vehicles in general) that they would never learn from having a new car given to them. I've never lost my love for cars and motorcycles, and it all goes back to those early days of tearing them apart to see how they worked and how to make them better.

Kudos to you for knowing you're not ready, but it sounds to me like there is something else at work here, a secret backstory if you will. Methinks you may have been used as an excuse for dad to buy himself a Mustang
Old 04-20-2006, 09:11 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I had fast cars from the age of 15. The big difference is the early ones were all junkers that I had to fix up and turn the wrenches on myself. I am a firm believer in that approach to getting kids started in performance vehicles, give them a starting point and let them put some blood, sweat and tears into it. They will develop a respect for that vehicle (and vehicles in general) that they would never learn from having a new car given to them. I've never lost my love for cars and motorcycles, and it all goes back to those early days of tearing them apart to see how they worked and how to make them better.

Kudos to you for knowing you're not ready, but it sounds to me like there is something else at work here, a secret backstory if you will. Methinks you may have been used as an excuse for dad to buy himself a Mustang
LOL there is no backstory here. It turned out well for everyone though!!!!

Well the tints will be done in about 20 minutes, but I have guitar practice now[:@] so I will have to wait another hour when I get home to see the stang'.

Anyway check back in about an hour and a half and there should be pics here!!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:06 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

OK heres the pics, and I also went to a John Force Easter car show/gathering (on the way to the grandparents) so I'll add those pics as well!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Mustangman I admire your maturity in this decision...may you have a full and rich life with an attitude like that!
Old 04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

Mustangman I admire your maturity in this decision...may you have a full and rich life with an attitude like that!
Thanks wildabouthorses!!!! I really hope so.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I know it's been done to death, but I just couldn't let this pass without joining in on the chorus of admiration.

I teach at the college level and half of my students don't even come close to your level of maturity. I'm dumbstruck. As others have said, we can only hope our own children (and other young folks in general) show your poise and integrity. You've inspired us and given faith back to the jaded. So walk tall young man. You've earned yourself a place of respect in this community, and I have no doubt you will continue to do so wherever you go.

Best,
-j

p.s. The tinting looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Philostang

Ok, I know it's been done to death, but I just couldn't let this pass without joining in on the chorus of admiration.

I teach at the college level and half of my students don't even come close to your level of maturity. I'm dumbstruck. As others have said, we can only hope our own children (and other young folks in general) show your poise and integrity. You've inspired us and given faith back to the jaded. So walk tall young man. You've earned yourself a place of respect in this community, and I have no doubt you will continue to do so wherever you go.

Best,
-j

p.s. The tinting looks great! Thanks for sharing.
WOW thanks guys for all the great comments!!!! You have really made my week even better!!!!

My dad also had a long talk with me yesterday and he basically just said how mature I was and how proud he was that I made that decision. He also said that I can look forward to a new 05'+ GT in the next year or two. I also told him that I would like to pay for some because, paying for something you love gives you much more respect and appreciation for what you have.

Anways thanks a ton guys!!!!