Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I gave the GT away...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Default I gave the GT away...

Well guys, some of you may find what I did as smart or stupid, but I think it was the best choice.

As many of you may know I am one of those extremely lucky teenagers who was given a GT. After reading what many of you had to say, and after thinking about what you said for a while myself, I have decided to let my dad keep the GT.

The way I see it is, I don't think I'm ready for a 300hp car yet (LOL I'm sure many of you are saying "I TOLD YOU SO" lol). Even if I did keep the GT, there is a very good chance that I will get in a few fender benders, and they will be expensive to fix and the insurance company will be able to stay in business just becuase of me lol. My dad has fell in love with the car and it has been 40 years since he has had a powerfull beast like the Mustang, so giving it to him wasn't that hard. I think what i'm going to do is take my dads explorer and drive it for 1 or 2 years until I have a good amount of driving experience, and then I will look into buying a new or used 05'+ GT with money that I will get from sellin' the explorer and hopefully help from the parents. Not only does this time help my driving, but since I will be a much better driver it will give me time to start saving for that supercharger and all those other little goodies that will be needed to smoke my dads stang' lol.

My dad said that he will let me drive it when I please on the weekends, but I think he is going to sleep in it for now on.

Anyways, I think this is the best decision and I already have about $5,000 saved up from the last few years, so hopefully when I get a job this summer I will add much more to that amount.

This was probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, but I think it's best for me, my dad, and th stang'.

Eric
Old 04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: I gave the GT away...

so then what are you getting instead?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:39 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

I'm going to be driving my dads explorer which has an extended warranty. That was what he was going to keep driving, but now we switched.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Missy
1st Gear Member

He's getting Dad's explorer instead..Don't you read things thoroughly.
ORIGINAL: Derf00

so then what are you getting instead?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Missy
1st Gear Member

Well I think you made a very tough, but mature decision. I'd say your parents did an awesome job raising you, for you to not be selfish about this.
So does this mean you won't be posting here anymore or are you still going to stick around.

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

I'm going to be driving my dads explorer which has an extended warranty. That was what he was going to keep driving, but now we switched.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

That is a hard choice to make. I think your problem is only that it is brand new. Find yourself something older that has lots of horsepower and learn how to drive it well, then you may be more comfortable owning a new car(that has lots of horsepower).

Good luck.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I know you got a lot of grief from some of the guys. You made a very mature decision, your parents did well raising you.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

You can only admire someone for saying what he said. It shows that he is mature enough to make that decision. Alot of kids would never do that or even admit it. It is a good decision and your parents have done a great job raising you. Most kids would just hold on to the car because they think it is a status symbol or peer pressure from others to have a new car with alot of horse power. Just because you no longer have the car doesn't mean you can't hang out around here.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:07 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

Well guys, some of you may find what I did as smart or stupid, but I think it was the best choice.

As many of you may know I am one of those extremely lucky teenagers who was given a GT. After reading what many of you had to say, and after thinking about what you said for a while myself, I have decided to let my dad keep the GT.

The way I see it is, I don't think I'm ready for a 300hp car yet (LOL I'm sure many of you are saying "I TOLD YOU SO" lol). Even if I did keep the GT, there is a very good chance that I will get in a few fender benders, and they will be expensive to fix and the insurance company will be able to stay in business just becuase of me lol. My dad has fell in love with the car and it has been 40 years since he has had a powerfull beast like the Mustang, so giving it to him wasn't that hard. I think what i'm going to do is take my dads explorer and drive it for 1 or 2 years until I have a good amount of driving experience, and then I will look into buying a new or used 05'+ GT with money that I will get from sellin' the explorer and hopefully help from the parents. Not only does this time help my driving, but since I will be a much better driver it will give me time to start saving for that supercharger and all those other little goodies that will be needed to smoke my dads stang' lol.

My dad said that he will let me drive it when I please on the weekends, but I think he is going to sleep in it for now on.

Anyways, I think this is the best decision and I already have about $5,000 saved up from the last few years, so hopefully when I get a job this summer I will add much more to that amount.

This was probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, but I think it's best for me, my dad, and th stang'.

Eric
I had to pinch myself reading your post, you make me believe that there are still good kids out there (wouldn't know it by the way they act in my area). While I know there are good kids, it's refreshing to see your attitude and honesty.

You keep this up and you'll make a great dad one day yourself, congrats on doing the smart thing and good luck to you. Tell your dad he did a great job!

Erik
Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

You can only admire someone for saying what he said. It shows that he is mature enough to make that decision. Alot of kids would never do that or even admit it. It is a good decision and your parents have done a great job raising you. Most kids would just hold on to the car because they think it is a status symbol or peer pressure from others to have a new car with alot of horse power. Just because you no longer have the car doesn't mean you can't hang out around here.
+1, well said.

Quick Reply: I gave the GT away...