Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wrecked it and 18k worth of damage

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: wrecked it and 18k worth of damage

sucks to be you man... this really sucks... hope you pay those 18k and get it runing better in poewrr and in looks... and listen buddy keep this in mind ... NEVER ever say your pony is dead....
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
diondon
1st Gear Member

Mustangs are horrible handling cars. I RARELY drive fast and sure as hell not when its raining
Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

geico called me today and said the promblem is with my car having every option and 20k miles, its worth 26k,

i said how the hell, so my rep is going to see, he said it can be repaired and be structualy strong, but is it worth it, i love my car and plan on getting the same color, but dude 18k,
Prepare yourself for the cancellation notice. They only insure good drivers (0 tickets and 0 accidents).
Yeah start searching for new insurance quotes now. I have heard too that your particular company is great until you get in an accident, then you are immediately dropped once they process your claim, almost regardless of the size of the claim.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kcary

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

geico called me today and said the promblem is with my car having every option and 20k miles, its worth 26k,

i said how the hell, so my rep is going to see, he said it can be repaired and be structualy strong, but is it worth it, i love my car and plan on getting the same color, but dude 18k,
Prepare yourself for the cancellation notice. They only insure good drivers (0 tickets and 0 accidents).
Yeah start searching for new insurance quotes now. I have heard too that your particular company is great until you get in an accident, then you are immediately dropped once they process your claim, almost regardless of the size of the claim.
yep, I've heard the same thing about Geico for many years.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

wow, i am glad that you are okay?

18k? i am surprised that your car isnt considered "totaled"
Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sorry that happened to you. In the end, the car can be replaced but you can't. Just be happy your OK.
-E

well on sat i was driving about 35 mph and talking to my buddy, not paying attention and when i looked up their was a dead animal in the raod so i swerved over to the opposing lane and shifted quick to 2 gear and gave it to much gas because the stang went totally sideways and staight into a little hill then into a ditch, through the ditch and through a small tree and out the ditch into a huge tree. i had to climb out the window to get out, all i can say is dam, air bags going off is scary if youve never had that happen
Old 04-19-2006, 11:47 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: diondon

Mustangs are horrible handling cars.
Well they may not be boxsters or even 350z's, but the "handling" of the 2005's/2006's is far from horrible. (OK, the old fox-bodies before they added the extra transverse dampeners handled pretty horribly)

Give any hi power rear drive car a downshift and a punched throttle in a "swerve" and you better be ready for a ride.

You should be commended for careful driving, and more conservative driving style might have avoided this incident.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Blackhorse, I feel your pain if just a little. I was backing out my buddies driveway and backed into his rockwall. I know, just a 2"x6" scratch on the rear facia... That little thing just about killed me. I read this post today and everyone who says,"just pay attention when you drive" is being a little hypicritical. We all space out here or there. We all at one time or another aren't paying attention. Lucky for me I was only going 2mph. Just an easy fix compared to you. But I feel it brother...
Old 04-20-2006, 12:21 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Same thing except the animal was alive, happened with my 04 Civic Si (R.I.P little feller). Post some pictures up, very sorry to hear that a Stang had to go through that and its driver. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:25 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scaught

Blackhorse, I feel your pain if just a little. I was backing out my buddies driveway and backed into his rockwall. I know, just a 2"x6" scratch on the rear facia... That little thing just about killed me. I read this post today and everyone who says,"just pay attention when you drive" is being a little hypicritical. We all space out here or there. We all at one time or another aren't paying attention. Lucky for me I was only going 2mph. Just an easy fix compared to you. But I feel it brother...
Yeah, spacing out happens. I remember when I was still driving my focus I found my self driving in the other with on coming traffic and never knew I had drifted over. Luckily nothing happened. My step dad spaced out and backed into my stang not to long ago. No where near as much damage as you have of course, but still more proof of stuff like this happening.

Quick Reply: wrecked it and 18k worth of damage