Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got throughly smoked today

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:26 AM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Default Got throughly smoked today

A Black Acura TL pulled up next to me on the highway this morning and to make a long story short, I got my a** handed to me. I don't know what this guy had going on under the hood but this thing could move.

I took a couple of shots at him but I just couldn't keep up at speed. I think it's safe to assume that I was up against some kind of aggressive turbo set up. Anyway I gave him the thumbs up, he honked his horn a couple of times and I pulled off at my exit.

What can you do? The dude had a fast car.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got throughly smoked today

Well it's great to see the Domestic vs. Import guys respecting each other.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:55 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

stock those things are slow, but i have only raced them from digs. (and i have a v6

but you turbo anything and it will move fast
Old 04-19-2006, 09:24 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

We can make lots of rice jokes, but bottom line is that some of these things are just freakin fast.......
Old 04-19-2006, 09:49 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Yeah some are. Not in my area because hardly anybody has them, but I've seen them fly. I've only raced two times because the people were being idiots and actually thought they could take me. It got annoying so I floored it. One was some Dodge ram because the guy thought his truck was fast and wouldn't shut up about being able to beat me. By the time I hit the speed limit, 45, the race was already over.....The second time a v6 couldn't tell I was a v8 and reved up. So I smoked him just for the hell of it lol.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Missy
1st Gear Member

For someone reason I am a rice magnet. Have had lots of teenage guys try to race me on the highway in their little rice burners and I beat them without even trying. Yesterday another one tried, but I couldn't. I had the kids in the car. My son kept saying, "Come on smoke him mom! You can do it." The teenager was passing me..and then would slow down so I passed him..then he would speed up and pass me..and his car smelled horrible. It was blowing puffs of smoke out the back. I was tempted to show him who the bitch was, just so the kid would stop driving like an idiot..but the last thing I want to do is be caught speeding with the little ones in the car. Ah well. There will be more I am sure.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:28 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

From a dead stop I might have had a better chance, but this one started at about 70 mph.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Equal drivers and equal conditions, a stock mustang GT will get whooped by a stock Mitsu Evo or a stock Subaru WRX STI....either in a drag race or a road course.

Sad but true. These are pocketrockets that will do 4.6-4.7 0-60 all day long....though I think they start to run out of steam toward the end of the quarter mile.....
Old 04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

stock those things are slow, but i have only raced them from digs. (and i have a v6

Aint that the truth.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

My bone stock '04 TL ran 14.66@97.8 on a 93f degree day which last time I checked isn't slow for a 4 door sedan with a V6 and an automatic. It would easily beat any stock V6 Mustang and many modded ones as well.

While I hated the rattles and lousy interior build quality of the car, the mechanicals were utterly fantastic, it sounded great and moved great, God knows it sure suprised many cars out there!

Quick Reply: Got throughly smoked today