Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Call to Arms

Old 04-21-2006, 04:27 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: A Call to Arms

Those are the only choices around where I live.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

a noble theory but it is just another silly internet boycott. I agree with the previous poster that ANY posting or letter or mailing that instructs you to send to 10 friends is just a heap of crap.

Of course control of demand (or control of supply) IS control of pricing. But I assure that, fortunately (or unfortunately) for all of us, in a mass market it is not so easy to do and you could send drivel like this around all year long and it would have no effect.

Now, if you got Brooke Burke to tell everyone to do it on primetime TV while wearing a thong.........
Old 04-21-2006, 05:41 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

the gas prices won't bother me once the former king of Nigeria transfers his millions of dollars into my bank account...

Old 04-21-2006, 05:47 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ChewbaccaD Date 4/21/2006 3:41:51 PM
the gas prices won't bother me once the former king of Nigeria transfers his millions of dollars into my bank account...

You're too late. I already sent them my bank account information and my PIN, so the King's money is all mine!

J/K
Old 04-21-2006, 06:07 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, lame excuse and and a bad additude, and not very constructive, any idea positive or negative would have been better than saying you'll kick someone in the nuts, why don't you email your senator or congressman and tell him that, not me, I'm just one of many messengers trying to make a difference. I'm just someone sick and tired of making the oil companies rich... you deserve to pay higher gas prices if you just ignore it, or just don't care. It's not about chain letters, it's about awareness. This is the kind of additude that drags the whole idea down. Stand up and be heard and take a chance, what do you have to loose... I say about $3.00++ a gallon for gas in about 6 months or less. If you don't have any thing constructive to contibute, move on. Sorry KFC for the flame but I feel very strongly about this.

ORIGINAL: KFC

whenever someone sends me an e-mail that tells me to forward it to 10 other people (chain mails), they go on my blocked list....and then they get kicked in the nuts if they are local.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:09 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Very good feedback, and I agree! Thanks for your thoughtful insight.

ORIGINAL: viking396

As long as we have no choice but to put gas in our cars these ides won't work. Some of us, or I should say most of us only have a few different companies around us, I have BP, Shell, Citgo, Clark plus some knock off crap gas dealers. Your idea won't work, may **** of your network admin and the gas companies laugh at these lame attempts because they don't get hurt, the station owner does (I have little or no sympathy for them however considering their Holiday tactics and such).

To make a difference we need to scream at our lobbyist kissing people in Government who decide that 10 to 20 billion in profit is not sticking the consumer in the ***, it's just normal profit, even though they set new records every time the price of oil goes up. Which is, anytime someone in Venezuela farts or mentions he isn’t going to play nice anymore. Has anybody mentioned Canada? Hell no, even though we get the majority of our gas from them but hey, it’s about the middle east right?

Until we get the people who represent us to change, (and of course our habits) this insane increase will continue unabated until people can't afford to drive to work anymore, some people for example and I know I keep using it, my sister now pays almost $500.00 per month to get to work because to move closer would double her rent, so of course she accepted the longer driver to save some money. Her income has gone up 3% in the past 3 years, how high has gas climbed in the same time period? Has her income gone up the same amount, hell no but the wackos out there say hey Europe pays almost $5.00 a gallon so shut it!

My response is they've been paying that for 20 years, their incomes have adjusted for it, average Joe American is getting bent over and people in this country just take it and come up with wacked out ideas instead of going the route they should go. Your elected does nothing but screw you officials who represent their agendas, lobbyists and fellow elected officials but not their constituents.

It’s time to start allowing the drilling of oil again here and dare I say it but Alaska. Don’t like the idea? Force your elected officials to support oil from coal and ethanol among other ways of producing gas….

The end..
Old 04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Again, a good idea... LMAO.

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

a noble theory but it is just another silly internet boycott. I agree with the previous poster that ANY posting or letter or mailing that instructs you to send to 10 friends is just a heap of crap.

Of course control of demand (or control of supply) IS control of pricing. But I assure that, fortunately (or unfortunately) for all of us, in a mass market it is not so easy to do and you could send drivel like this around all year long and it would have no effect.

Now, if you got Brooke Burke to tell everyone to do it on primetime TV while wearing a thong.........
Old 04-21-2006, 06:13 PM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

A Mustang GT owner complaining about gas prices... That's like walking into City Hall with a pistol in each hand and complaining about there not being enough gun control. I mean really, you drive a car that is classified as a "sub-compact" yet gets mileage only marginally better than an SUV. It's car buyers like you (and me.. my V6 is hardly a gas miser) that tell the gas companies that we will pay goofy prices for gas.

If you want to fight the gas companies.. buy a Prius. Telecommute. Work a compressed work week (I do 3 12-hour shifts.. it's SOOO nice having 4 days off every week). Use mass-transit. Stop taking the Mustang out for 100 mile rides in the country. Even with my awesome average 17mpg I only fill up once every 2-3 weeks. I simply don't drive my car alot. Gas prices didn't really have a hand in this, I just have a lifestyle that doesn't require alot of driving.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

the boycotting of a few different oil companies doesn't work. The only way to decrease the price (besides storming the gates and tying up the CEO) is to decrease demand. Do what you can to improve you gas mileage so you will use less gas. I ride my Harley to work as much as possible because I get 50 mpg.
I've been saying for the last year that I'm betting you'll start seeing more motorcycles and "golf-cart" type vehicles on the road. Here in So Cal gas is already over $3 for the cheap stuff, and is at $4 for the good stuff... according to the news it isn't going to get any better. You can get a decent used crotch-rocket for a couple thousand dollars... mark my words... people will start living closer to work and more people will ride motorcycles...

Or...

Your other option is to submit your resume to an oil company! Hey! Follow the money!
Old 04-21-2006, 06:46 PM
tomwynne
1st Gear Member

I would like to know what the equivalent cost of a gallon of gas is in China. They always say the price of gas is high because of global demand. Well, if that was the case, then gas would be high priced anywhere in the world. If it is just high here because of treatments they apply to the gas, then why would it cost more and more for the same treatment. It almost sounds like the treatment of gas is on a percentage of the barrel price. The more the barrel price, the higher the treatment cost which makes no sense but to pad the profits of the oil companies.
I would like to see some comparisons between nations on what they pay for oil. Is the US really being soaked for the price of gas or is it happening everywhere?
By the way, another common misconception is that we import most of our oil from the mideast. This is false, we import most of our oil from Canada.
I buy my gas from Costco by the way...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Call to Arms