Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:59 PM
06ragtop
1st Gear Member

Default I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!

So having read the posts about 05+er's never leaving this forum, I decided to post my question about interior scratches on the detailing board. Right place, right topic I thought. Not having ever owned a Mustang before, I never really thought of going in the other forums, I don't race and would have no idea what they are talking about.

Detailing should be safe though, so I posted. No responses, zip, nada, zilch. Meanwhile I got a bunch of posts in 1/3 the amount of time when I posted it here. I'll still go post in the Audio section for stereos and stuff, but otherwise, I'm staying right here and if that makes me a bad person, well, everyone can just bite my hiney!

Did I spell hiney correctly?

All in all though, I have to say I"m glad to be part of the brother/sisterhood (have to be P.C.!) and get a kick out of waving at other Mustangs (of all years) and getting a wave back. What a cool car culture! And heck, it's not even really my car, it belongs to the wife (how cool is she for wanting a stick?).

Rambling Rant Off.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!

I agree with you on many levels. Most 05/06 guys don't venture anywhere other than maybe S/S and videos once and awhile. I have emailed Amanda a suggention , and this is some of what I said -

This current section changed to 'GENERAL" (it somewhat is already just not 'officially') and make the V6 and V8 subsections TECH SPECIFIC. The V6 and V8 general posts and questions would all share this one general area and the subsections would be tech specific only. All post in the tech sections that were not tech related, could be moved by the mod instantly to this 'general' section.

This would clean up the site a lot IMO and would require no program changes at all - just announcements and mods' immediate enforcement and it would start cleaning up ASAP in the tech sections. Since the stickies are mostly tech related, they would remain in the tech sections which would also free up more space on the 1st page of the general section.

Just a thought.

Mark

Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
KFC
1st Gear Member

I read the thread about the desire for 'forced integration' of the 05-06 crowd. A couple of people weren't even that nice about it so that just turned me off of bothering with other sections?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:23 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

I don't leave the '05 section because I don't have the time to weed through hundreds of posts that don't apply to me or my car in any way... seriously! I quickly browse the section that applies to me. What do I care about the CAI for a 1985 Mustang?

Old 04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

I don't leave the '05 section because I don't have the time to weed through hundreds of posts that don't apply to me or my car in any way... seriously! I quickly browse the section that applies to me. What do I care about the CAI for a 1985 Mustang?
+1

I do venture into some other areas to try and lend a hand about things I have the knowledge about mainly in the detailing forum. But since my of my questions and answer i seek are in regard to my 06 I think that is where i stay. Also the 05-06 Mustangs are so different from the previous gens that asking questions about them in a general V-6 or V-8 Forum doesn't work

Richard
Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

+1

I do venture into some other areas to try and lend a hand about things I have the knowledge about mainly in the detailing forum. But since my of my questions and answer i seek are in regard to my 06 I think that is where i stay. Also the 05-06 Mustangs are so different from the previous gens that asking questions about them in a general V-6 or V-8 Forum doesn't work

Richard
The general and tech specific areas I was talking about would all be part of the 05/06 forum. Thge main point is to seperate the tech posts from general posts. That's where the site needs help IMO.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

I would imagine there are more pre-'05 owners not visiting the '05-'06 section than there are '05+ owners not visiting other sections.
And understandably so.
Calling somebody an elitist for not going into a section that contains little if any significant information for them is childish.

Rearrange the forums however you like.
If I can still find what I need, and possibly contribute, then all is good.
If it becomes too hard to find the info I need, I'll stick to one of the other sites.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I have this section in "My Favorites" and then look at 4.6 in this section. I have looked at Detailing and a few, but this is where the info for my car is.. Not trying to get anyones shorts in a knot. It's just my interests.
WC
Old 04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

CK..you are right on. I responded to the initial thread in OT and got a generic "but we could do that" reply. I think having a S197 general and a 4.0 and 4.6 tech would be awesome. But don't we kind of have that? I think if the moderators moved general disscussion to the "combined board" people would figure it out pretty quickly. I really can't believe that there is anybody intentionly trying to "*****" a thread as someone on the OT post called what happens here. Granted we get a ridiculous amount of re-peat threads, and I have been guilty of over-reacting to them, and getting called on it. But so goes an internet forum. I like CK's thought.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:47 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Hey,
go to the v6 specific forum(05) and there is a discussion going on there, and i started a poll, so mosey on over...lol

Quick Reply: I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!