Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This car is freakin amazing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:05 PM
acsteele
1st Gear Member

Default RE: This car is freakin amazing!!!

AFGeorge, congrats on your new ride!
Were you checking your build status at Blueovalforums? I have checked over there twice, (ordered it in March) and no news at all on my '07Gt. I know they don't start building the '07s till June 5th, but the wait is still killing me.

Enjoy your ride, and maybe, just maybe the ex will break her foot, and the ******* boyfriend will dump her, and she'll have to sell you the Mach to pay her medical bills.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:43 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acsteele

AFGeorge, congrats on your new ride!
Were you checking your build status at Blueovalforums? I have checked over there twice, (ordered it in March) and no news at all on my '07Gt. I know they don't start building the '07s till June 5th, but the wait is still killing me.

Enjoy your ride, and maybe, just maybe the ex will break her foot, and the ******* boyfriend will dump her, and she'll have to sell you the Mach to pay her medical bills.

Lol... Actually they are broke up, and she is getting desperate for $$. You know, I still have a set of keys (not to mention I pulled the build plate off the door just for giggles) !!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:34 PM
JPS51830

Congrats on the car and good luck with her. I think I'll keep mine and not let it ever go, like I did my 69 Mach 1.

find people always racing me, cutting me off or simply slowing down in fron of me on two way roads. I never park it in front of the entrance of anywhere!
LOL - I know the feeling...but once the Vortech went on, solved all that. A little push of the pedal and their out of my hair. And I always park away from the front for fear some inconsiderate moron will bang their door into it just to **** me off.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Congradulations on the new Mustang.

Man, it sure is comforting to know I'm not the only Mustang owner out here that has a love affair going on with a legend.

I waited 43 years for this car to come out and when it did........I had to have it. My wife of 37 years just shakes her head when she catches me in the garage standing there just staring at the car. She says "its just a car John" my first responce to that comment was "this isnt just any car.........its the legend". She then shakes her head again and goes back in the house, leaving me alone with "ole yellar"

Driving this car to work everyday has given new meaning to the words "driving to work". Like one other poster mentioned, getting off work and walking out the door and seeing the car is a beautiful sight.

I find myself continuously wiping the car down every morning before pulling her out of the garage for the ride to work.

All of my driving is 99% highway and man its a blast. The 3.73's want to run, its all I can do to keep this pony from running wild. Ever since I installed the 3.73's everyone seems to be in my way.......damn!

I still havent taken her to the drag strip yet. Back when I was racing in the 60's you didnt need a helment. Now I've got to go and get a helment for one or two runs.

Like another poster mentioned, this car will always be in the family.

Thanks to everyone for making their posts, I was almost convinced that I might need professional help to end this love affair.

I'm saved!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:50 PM
sybidoc

It never goes away. I've had a GT for 1 1/2 yrs and it's a standing joke with the office girls that Doc always stops and looks back at his car before he walks into the office.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:35 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

I have had my Stang for almost a year and a half and I still love to drive it every chance I get. I have had several mustangs...from a 64 1/2, 1972,1983 GT 302 boss, 1998, 2001, and now the 2005. But the 05 has been the best and most fun to drive. Congrads on your new Stang.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:55 PM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Ya that was me checking my car over at blueoval. Man the waiting reached fever pitch there at the end.

My wife does the same thing. She'll catch me staring at the car and will shake her head. haha. Day 2 of working on the covertible tan and it's going great!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:43 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

I'm with ya there bra, I've had our GT for 1 month and I still can't believe that it's ours. It's sooooo pretty that you can't help but look at it for hours on end and dream about the scoops and duckbill spoiler that your going to put on it. WOW!!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Shaybuttainbk
2nd Gear Member

im 19 years old & got my 06 gt last week and took a week. i took a whole week off just to drive it.
this car makes me feel so young
Old 04-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

I hope that was sarcasm Shaybuttainbk (the "feel so young" comment)! [&:] If it was...that's funny!!

I definitely agree with all of the "love" bein thrown around in this thread towards our Stangs...every day's a pleasure to drive 'er!

I actually went to the dealership today to see if they had any 06 GT verts for sale (the weather sure has been nice lately)...the salesmen were "ooing" and "aaahing" my Sonic Blue so much that I decided to hold onto her for a little while longer...they didn't even try to sell me a new Vert!! LOL

It's the 1st car my wife absolutely hits the ceiling if I mention trading it in or selling it (I'm a new car junkie)...with a 4 yr old and one on the way sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't trade it in for an SUV...but she won't even let me think of it!!!!

Quick Reply: This car is freakin amazing!!!