Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR Panhard Support Clearance Issues/Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Default BMR Panhard Support Clearance Issues/Help

I installed the BMR Adj. Panhard bar today and also the panhard bar support. The problem i have is the exhaust sits right on top of the panhard support anyone else have and issue with this. I noticed on the wimpy factory piece it has a curved built into it which i assume is to accommodate this issue. The BMR support however is straight with very little offset if any. Anyone else have a panhard support and any fitment issue like this??

Richard
Old 04-22-2006, 11:06 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: BMR Panhard Support Clearance Issues/Help

I have the same supports on my car with no problems.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:15 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Your car is lowered mine is NOT.
I do plan on installing the Eibach Pro Kit sometime within the next few weeks and am wondering if this will solve the problem.

Sweet Ride by the way. That is the same color we have

Richard
Old 04-22-2006, 11:21 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I installed the race version, not lowered, no clearance issue.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:23 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

I installed the race version, not lowered, no clearance issue.
I did not know they had a race version of the panhard upper support. I only see one part on there site. Do you have a part number for it?

Richard
Old 04-22-2006, 11:39 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Here is a link. Mine is the fully adjustable with sphereical rod ends. Race Version
Old 04-22-2006, 11:46 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Here is a link. Mine is the fully adjustable with sphereical rod ends. Race Version

I think it is the upper panhard support he is having problems with.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:00 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

I think it is the upper panhard support he is having problems with.
EXACTLY. I also have the Race Panhard bar but have no issue with it. I am indeed having issues with the Upper Panhard Support. It need to be dropped down about 1" o so. I am wondeinrg if BMR welded the mount on in the wrong place. If you look at this picture i took off there site you can see that even in there picture it appears to be hitting the exhaust pipe.

Look to the left side and then go up a bit from where the muffler clamp is. There is a small somewhat flat spot in the stock muffler ipe and that is where it is resting on the support.

Richard
Old 04-23-2006, 12:24 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

EXACTLY. I also have the Race Panhard bar but have no issue with it. I am indeed having issues with the Upper Panhard Support. It need to be dropped down about 1" o so. I am wondeinrg if BMR welded the mount on in the wrong place. If you look at this picture i took off there site you can see that even in there picture it appears to be hitting the exhaust pipe.

Look to the left side and then go up a bit from where the muffler clamp is. There is a small somewhat flat spot in the stock muffler ipe and that is where it is resting on the support.

Richard

You can adjust the over the axle pipe by loosening the mid section pipe coupling and the muffler coupling and spin the pipe upwards away from the support and tighten back. When your axle backs were put on the pipe probably shifted.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:29 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Richard

You can adjust the over the axle pipe by loosening the mid section pipe coupling and the muffler coupling and spin the pipe upwards away from the support and tighten back. When your axle backs were put on the pipe probably shifted.
Right on bud. I will try that tomorrow and see if that corrects the issue. That is an easy solution hopefully it is the right one and that is all that is needed.

Thank You so much.

This is our first Mustang so I am learning as I go. I can tell you how to fixe alomost anything on the 97-03 F150's but am still learning on the Stang.

Richard

Quick Reply: BMR Panhard Support Clearance Issues/Help