Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, It's Addictive!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wow, It's Addictive!!

i always acknowledge other stangs on the road...but down here in LA there is NO "cruise ethic", and not only do i not see other enthusiasts out driving their stangs, but i dont get acknowledged back.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

Yeah I always give a thumbs up or wave but I haven't gotten any back yet. The new mustang owners have to get with it haha. I have gotten a lot of looks and thumbs up from other people tho, like this guy in a classic yellow camaro ss that I was drooling over. Idk I thought there would be more Mustang pride...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:46 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Just like owning a Bike out here in Phoenix... If I waved at every bike that I saw, my arm would ache! Probably same thing with the stangs, there's just a lot of em out there!
But every one of em out there has my respect regardless, stangs or bikes!
Old 04-24-2006, 11:35 PM
blue_fire06

I know if I see a Stang I'll continue to wave. I guess I'm one of only a few around my town that waves at other fellow Stang owners. Since I've gotten the Stang I've gotten alot more attention than normal People at work that wouldn't normally talk to me go up to me and ask about my Stang. It hasn't gotten annoying......yet. Some have even made nicknames for me [&:] like Blue and Real Thing. I'm the ONLY girl at work with a Stang so it's a BIG deal.

Blue_Fire06
Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
mustangmeds

The first day i had my stang out on the road a Big Brother Gt came up beside me, and i got "The Nod" which I hought was nice. To me it was like someone saying "welcome to the club dude."
Old 04-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I go out of my way to give a "whats up" or a thumbs up to other stangers. Some give back, some don't. But every one, EVERYONE wants to race me...

Sometimes...late at night...VROOMM VROOM VRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:27 PM
ms.tang2006

I normally partially wave to everyone I meet, and it's not unusual for most ppl to wave back. I'm from a pretty small town, so its kinda commom etiquette. I know what you mean about the extra attention. When I was driving the pick-up no one noticed me really. Now every where I go, there is normally gonna be some 50+ yr old guy stop me and start talking. They'll want to look inside my car. One guy even offered to wash my car. I've enjoyed talking to the old guy's about it. Most of them have owned one previously and its like a glimpse back in their past.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:00 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RStone13

ORIGINAL: gkosin

I'm 42 but I'll wave at anyone in a stang. I guess I'm going through my mid life crisis.
Greg
This is my second according the The Wife
1st was the Harley's for 12 years
55 Years young and still love the speed[8D]
I'm 49 and I'll wave to everyone who waves at me. Maybe my mid-life crisis but this is my 3rd Stang I have owned.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Psycho79
1st Gear Member

I live in a really small town(we only have one redlight) where everyone knows each other, so I would get waves if I was driving a lawn mower down the road. Once I get out of town its either a 4-lane highway or interstate all the way to work, and then I don't really pay much attention to traffic across the median from me.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

[sm=hiya.gif] see i am waving to you...

Quick Reply: Wow, It's Addictive!!