Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, It's Addictive!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:37 AM
blue_fire06

Default Wow, It's Addictive!!

Driving my stang is pretty addictive. It's so much fun. I was riding around and some guy wanted to race me. I forgot what kind of car he had though. I ignored him. I'm not one of those people that would speed and act all cool just for attention. For some reason lately when I see others with stangs on the road, they don't wave or anything. That's weird to me. I thought most owners would, I know Jeep owners wave at eachother but why not Stang owners?
Blue_Fire06
Old 04-23-2006, 02:05 AM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wow, It's Addictive!!

Dude, I know exactly what you mean. My dad has a Jeep and whenever me or him are driving it, we always wave at other Jeeps and they always wave back. With mustangs, if its daylight, I ususally flash my headlights at them. I've only had like one or two flash back. I find it so weird, cause everyone on these message boards is so friendly to each other!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:55 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

I always wanted a car with that kind of community. Thought this once would be it. Except for the nearly identical black GT that gave me the thumbs up while I was cleaning her, I haven't seen much beyond a glance.

We should all start waving now and eventually it will catch on.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:42 AM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

I've noticed the same thing. Everytime I see a stang on the road I'm checking it out. When they drive by I'm waving at them, but they don't ever wave back. Most of the time, they don't even look in my direction. I don't get it because I personally am excited to see other people's stangs and I would think other stang owners would be the same way.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:46 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't feel bad if you don't get a wave back, you WOULD get one back if you came across someone from the forums. The problem is that WE love our cars, but there are A LOT of people out there that bought a Mustang, not because they love Mustangs, but because they needed a car to take them from point A to point B. It's just a method of transportation to them, so they probably find it weird that someone they don't know if waving at them!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:45 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i always get glares... mostly old people own these (v6 and GT) around here... and me being 16, they just get jealous they had to wait till their mid-life crisis to own one and i have one right out of the gates. But other people are pretty cool- like old men with 4 kids in mini-vans. they tell me i have a cool car. So do people walking aorund my neighborhood. I get a lot of thumbs up from people NOT in mustangs
Old 04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

I'm 42 but I'll wave at anyone in a stang. I guess I'm going through my mid life crisis.
Greg
Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 PM
RStone13
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gkosin

I'm 42 but I'll wave at anyone in a stang. I guess I'm going through my mid life crisis.
Greg
This is my second according the The Wife
1st was the Harley's for 12 years
55 Years young and still love the speed[8D]
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

I wouldn't feel bad if you don't get a wave back, you WOULD get one back if you came across someone from the forums. The problem is that WE love our cars, but there are A LOT of people out there that bought a Mustang, not because they love Mustangs, but because they needed a car to take them from point A to point B. It's just a method of transportation to them, so they probably find it weird that someone they don't know if waving at them!
I agree with you. I have consider the idea that some people will simply buy a stang just cuz it's "cool" but they really don't LOVE it like we do. It is reassuring to know that there are fellow LOVERS of stangs out there. I know that if I was to pass or be passed by anyone on this forum I would receive a wave.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

I always wanted a car with that kind of community. Thought this once would be it. Except for the nearly identical black GT that gave me the thumbs up while I was cleaning her, I haven't seen much beyond a glance.

We should all start waving now and eventually it will catch on.
Shoulda gotten a classic.

Quick Reply: Wow, It's Addictive!!