Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To stripe or not to stripe...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Default To stripe or not to stripe...

Need some help deciding if I should stripe my car. She's got the entire Cervini kit on there & the whole car is black. Was thinking about Silver stripes but it's about $1500 to get it done. Should I do it or put the money somewhere else? Hard decision for me because I think everyone else has stripes & I am shooting for not looking like everyone else. Oh, it's also got those 18" Bullit polished wheels. Probably will get something fatter within the next 6-8 months. Wanting to see if my clutch holds out...

Already have Kenne Bell & Pro-50 Shifter & some really nice gauges, as well as aftermarket stereo/tv/dvd/etc...

Thanks for any opinions, since that is exactly what I am asking for.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: To stripe or not to stripe...

The stripes would look very hot with the full body kit. I don't think you have to worry about looking like everyone else regardless
Old 04-24-2006, 07:39 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MacGyverGTP

Need some help deciding if I should stripe my car. She's got the entire Cervini kit on there & the whole car is black. Was thinking about Silver stripes but it's about $1500 to get it done. Should I do it or put the money somewhere else? Hard decision for me because I think everyone else has stripes & I am shooting for not looking like everyone else. Oh, it's also got those 18" Bullit polished wheels. Probably will get something fatter within the next 6-8 months. Wanting to see if my clutch holds out...

Already have Kenne Bell & Pro-50 Shifter & some really nice gauges, as well as aftermarket stereo/tv/dvd/etc...

Post pics of this full black Cervini job man.....I wanna see this.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:52 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

This is the only photo I have so far of her. The hood & front bumper were still getting painted. Will post more in about a week.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31159/E015B8C71D8B4DFA9429AEADD8403DD0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-24-2006, 08:39 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Do what you think is best man. It looks like you have pretty good taste to me [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
jkstang
1st Gear Member

LEAVE IT ALONE! That has got to be the sexiest damn Cervini I have seen yet! just..DAMN!
My Wife saw a cervini the other day, we were tooling around checking out the new area, she saw that and said we had to do it! I have the Tungsten, after seeing an all black with no stripes, I KNOW I have to do all Tungsten with out stripes. Thanks for the insperation man!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
pgonz

car looks very seet as is. I would drop it before i striped it. Dont worry about looking like every body cuz everbody wants to look like you bra. beides do you want to look like you are in a race everyday or be the cool sleeper that hears everyone say damn what was that......
Old 04-24-2006, 11:51 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate the feedback. I think I will leave her all black & spend the money on suspension/fatter meat out back. I think I just value peoples opinions here much more than the guys driving minivans... Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate the feedback. I think I will leave her all black & spend the money on suspension/fatter meat out back. I think I just value peoples opinions here much more than the guys driving minivans... Thanks again!
Yea, I agree........leave her black. Just get some fatter rubber under those rear wheelwells like you said. It'll look super tight then
Old 04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
SubsonicBulldog
1st Gear Member

Looks sweet bro, how the heck did you end up takin a picture in the rain? It's rained like twice in the past 8 months here in Phoenix.[&:]

Quick Reply: To stripe or not to stripe...