Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC in a 05 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pioneer AVIC in a 05 Mustang?

do all of the double din dvd players need the extra trim if you have the shaker 500? or just some of them
Old 05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Finally got the Z1 installed correctly and everything working, had some problems to start with like not connecting the illumination cable but its all good now, I love the unit and I am still learning everything, I have the IPOD unit and Sirius unit connected to this too and happen to have a bad Sirius unit so thats got to go back.

No real cons for this unit apart from maybe the IPOD menu is a little slow and I would like to be able to turn the unit off when I am not using it but can't find out how yet! Its great, feel free to message me with any questions.

Thanks

Stu

ORIGINAL: BMJ06GT

I just ordered the N3 which looks similar to the Z-1 but is not quite as spendy. How do you like the unit? I think they look pretty damn cool. Was just wondering what some of your likes and dislikes were about it in General. Does it sound better than the Shaker? Looks sweet though let me know Thanks.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:27 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Am I going to be going with the iPod connector as well. Question, where did you end up running you cable for it to?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Inside the glove box, its the best place!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:10 PM
jakeoooh

Greg,

I'm getting ready to get a Z1 myself, and wanted to know if you'd had a chance to try that crutchfield dash kit yet, and what your experience was with it...

Thanks,

Jake Hansen
Old 05-19-2006, 01:32 PM
jakeoooh

In terms of the 'popping' sound that I've read you might encounter when installing the avic z1, has anyone successfully installed using the crutchfield harness and seen if they encounter this problem? According to the guy I spoke with at crutchfield, it's possible that this problem won't occur, and I would like to know before I gear myself up to put the thing on... FYI, the guy said that the radio shack part number for the regulator was 276-1770...

If you DO need to use the regulator to avoid the 'popping,' can someone give me a heads up as to exactly where I should be connecting this regulator? I know that it's gotta be connected to the amp turn on, but where is the factory amp located? In the trunk?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Hi Jake

The regulator goes to the Amp IN wire, I can't remember all the details but I belive there is a Collector (Input) base (Ground) Emittor (Output) so your amp would go into the Input leg of the 5v regulator and a ground would go to the middle leg and the output to the harness of the Z1 to the Output leg. I had the pop too and added the reg and its now perfect

Regarding the Crutchfield dash kit I bought one from Crutchfield and its fine, looks great!

Thanks

Stuart
Old 05-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Should I start a clean thread for Z1 install for Q and A?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:31 PM
jakeoooh

Thanks for the quick response- so the regulator should be installed at the receiver end, where the harness is then? The crutchfield guy insinuated that I had to do it at the amp. Obviously I would prefer to tear my car apart as little as possible, so if it can be done at the receiver all the better... Also, where did you put the GPS antenna? I've heard some people say that they put it at the front of the dash, but I know that some other friends who have nav systems in their cars have the antenna installed in the trunk- any thoughts?

PS, if you could start a new thread it would be of great help to me anyway...
Old 05-19-2006, 03:43 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gkosin

Crutchfield says this is the adaptor to use for the AVIC-Z1. It is for a Ford Pickup but I'm told it will work. I haven't installed yet.
Greg
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nWCf7Xh...sp?I=120995807
The brackets that came with this kit worked, but the thing that goes around the double DIN radio has been floating around my garage since I did my own install last summer. I have a gap between the radio and the dash that annoys me. I keep meaning to find a real installer to see if they can make it look nicer but it's not a high priority. I also added the XM and iPod adapter. For $100 the iPod adapter is the biggest piece of crap ever made. It's basically a $100 stereo cable. You get little/no control over the ipod. Was very disappointed with that.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC in a 05 Mustang?