Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

Old 05-09-2006, 10:27 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

If you bought it over the phone or internet chances are you used a credit card right? So just go back and dispute the charges. Credit card companies usually always side with the customer.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:32 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

+1 on that. Just tell CC that it wasn't as advertised and they will pull payment.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

+1 on that. Just tell CC that it wasn't as advertised and they will pull payment.
And that is fraud, it was as advertised. He just isn't happy with the price. Sorry, but I don't support shopping on the internet then if you find a better price go crying to your CC company, SSInserts is within their rights and IMO if this is disputed they should win.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:03 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

And that is fraud, it was as advertised. He just isn't happy with the price. Sorry, but I don't support shopping on the internet then if you find a better price go crying to your CC company, SSInserts is within their rights and IMO if this is disputed they should win.
agreed. if you placed the order in the first place, you accepted the goods for the given price. it was only after you found other prices that you were upset with your purchase - sounds like you shopped backwards.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:44 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: DStang05

Whats up guys??? This is the same kit by the same manufacture. They are charging an extra $150 for the SAME KIT. I did not install because it was ordered by 05/05/06 and I and tried to cancel it over the phone on 05/07/06. It didn't even ship yet. You guys don't see the problem with a dealer charging a lot more than even the manufacture. I have been in the retail and manufacture business for 15 years and that is not the way it's done. But if you guys are willing to over pay for parts by 100% profit,then send me your orders.........
I see a problem with your logic based on this quote. You've been in the mfr business for 15 years, you know what the mfr would sell it to you for, but YOU ordered from a retailer that obviously has the right to mark up the product. I'm not slamming you, I just don't see your logic for bashing a reputable retailer.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

+1.

If this were me I would have been too embarrassed to post about it here Do your homework before placing that order, everyone knows that all retail prices are not equal.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Duh on me. I re-read it and see he got what he paid for. It's just sour grapes and he over paid and shopped poorly. I have done that and it sucks to find a better deal after a sale, but oh well. Life goes on and a lesson is learned..
Old 05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Man, I can't believe some of you guys. Some MFG do not sell to the direct public. You have to buy through their dealers only. Woodview is such a MFG. As for me I know I should have shopped it around, but I didn't. That was my mistake, but I fix my mistakes and I didn't want to just eat it. I'm not built that way. Here is another fact I left out. I called SS Inserts and asked them to cancel my order. I spoke to Brad and he said "That it was packed and shipped over the weekend and it was too late".(Ordered on Friday and cancelled on Monday) I felt that he wasn't telling me the truth. He said he would not match anyones price and would report the other websites that were selling it cheaper to Woodview. I also said I would talk to Woodview about his mark up and he said don't threaten me. Keep in mind he told me my order was shipped. After giving me all that SH**. I get an email saying that he pulled my order out of the truck and was able to cancel my order. That was after the phone call. No Sh**,that all he had to do from the beginning. It's not about the money, I am in the real estate business and my 2005 stang is paid off. My problem was all the B.S. The reason for any kind of Forum is information. I am letting everyone know about my experience with this company. I'm sure that some of you have had no problems with SS Insert but that is just your experience. We need to share the good and the bad with these online companies. Grant it, I was pissed when I first posted the problem and maybe "don't buy from SS" was harse but he was an ***.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:15 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

At least you got the order cancelled.

It's not that big of a deal if you lose the hundred bucks, because if it means that much to anyone they won't make that mistake again (I realize the money doesn't matter in your case). It's really important that people shop around although most people may not find it convenient (I kind of enjoy it) because you have to take time, but after you purchase from them you now have someone you can do business with again or maybe not.

Just a learning experience really, if he has an item marked up then he must be doing a good business because customers must be happy with his service or something.

My .02 cents

-Jeff
Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

No matter how you slice it, you ordered the product, and the company didn't do anything wrong by selling it to you.
If they had it for the price of a bajillion dollars, and you ordered it, how are they at fault?
It's supply and demand.
If you don't think it's worth the price, you won't buy it.
If enough other people feel as you do, they won't buy either.
Then the company has a choice.
Lower the price, or see very few sales.
If people like yourself keep ordering the product at their current price, there's no incentive to lower it.
The only one you should be upset at is yourself, for not checking first.
No one else shares any of the blame in this deal.
Get over it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.