MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/125421-dont-buy-from-ss-insert-com-hear-my-story.html)

DStang05 05-08-2006 03:17 PM

Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

Hey Everyone,
I just got screwed by SS Inserts.com on a Dash kit for my 2005. They charged me $342.00 for a kit that should cost about $150-$220. They would not match anyone's price or give me a refund. Even Woodview quoted the kit at $161.00. Please everyone, lets spread the word on this kind of retailer and ban buying from "SS Inserts.com.

Thanks[:'(]

QuickShortBus 05-08-2006 03:33 PM

RE: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

I'm having a hard time seeing your point, you bought and installed a dash kit. Now that you have found it cheaper you want a refund or price match? If you haven't installed it, did you read their return policy before purchasing?

Always do a lot of research before purchasing over the net, you can often times find huge price differences for the same product. Also, make sure you understand their return policy.

As always buyer beware.

Andys06GT 05-08-2006 03:37 PM

is the quality that good? it could be materials, or just the fact that the part fits so well. look at Cervinis. do their body kits look the BEST in the entire world? no! its about opinion. but they charge more than most companies, like APC, because when you get a piece from them, its right. quality issues mean big bucks. that being said, if the qualities not there, then yeah. got taken for some hard earned cash. but dont slander a company because of their policy. if you've installed a kit, what do they want with it? its not new. a bad experience because of inexperience, or lack of shopping, shouldnt cause a rebellion. if that was the case, we wouldn't have the u.s. army. talked about people getting screwed... :)

razol 05-08-2006 04:19 PM

You bought it for an agreed price and they delivered. How is this a unscrupulous?

rex7010 05-08-2006 04:48 PM

DStang05,
I have to agree with everyone else.. sorry.. but I also have made mistakes and just took them on the chin.. it was MY FAULT that I didn't due the research or ask questions BEFORE buying something.. that is why I took a loss on a couple of things I bought .. found out I couldn't use it .. had to sell it on EBAY at a loss.. IE: I bought the window/side scoops only to find out the wife can't see out the back of the car.. so I had to sell them.. big hit on that one.. the person that won them should be laughing all the way to the bank as they did the research and got them cheap.. I lost over $250.00 when it was all over (paint job was expensive.. but it was a 100% match on color )

no slam on you there DStang05.. just a point is all..

Rex

MikeHawke 05-08-2006 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: DStang05

Hey Everyone,
I just got screwed by SS Inserts.com on a Dash kit for my 2005. They charged me $342.00 for a kit that should cost about $150-$220. They would not match anyone's price or give me a refund. Even Woodview quoted the kit at $161.00. Please everyone, lets spread the word on this kind of retailer and ban buying from "SS Inserts.com.

Thanks[:'(]

and the problem is??????

Fourth Horseman 05-08-2006 06:41 PM

For what it's worth I've had good service from ssinserts.com in the past. I'd definitely shop there again.

pirate59 05-08-2006 09:58 PM

I have bought from S.S.no problem,They still have my support!

DStang05 05-09-2006 03:25 AM

Whats up guys??? This is the same kit by the same manufacture. They are charging an extra $150 for the SAME KIT. I did not install because it was ordered by 05/05/06 and I and tried to cancel it over the phone on 05/07/06. It didn't even ship yet. You guys don't see the problem with a dealer charging a lot more than even the manufacture. I have been in the retail and manufacture business for 15 years and that is not the way it's done. But if you guys are willing to over pay for parts by 100% profit,then send me your orders.........

QuickShortBus 05-09-2006 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: DStang05

Whats up guys??? This is the same kit by the same manufacture. They are charging an extra $150 for the SAME KIT. I did not install because it was ordered by 05/05/06 and I and tried to cancel it over the phone on 05/07/06. It didn't even ship yet. You guys don't see the problem with a dealer charging a lot more than even the manufacture. I have been in the retail and manufacture business for 15 years and that is not the way it's done. But if you guys are willing to over pay for parts by 100% profit,then send me your orders.........
These are important details that you left out we don't have ESP so you have to explain all of the facts. I looked at SSInserts.com's return policy and it clearly states dash kits are special order items and cannot be returned.

Special order products are not returnable such as Corvette floor mats, wheel skins, custom wheels, ALL dash kits, as these are custom made when ordered.
With the additional details you have now given I would agree that they should have been willing to cancel the order even IF they had not ordered it from the manufacturer or even if the manufacturer could cancel the order. However you agreed to their return/cancellation policy so they don't have to make special concessions just for you.

Again I always do a lot of price comparisons before making a purchase, I think you should just suck it up and move on. You purchased something at an inflated price, to me it's no different than going in Best Buy or any electronics retailer and paying $100 for a memory card that if you had done your research you could have found it on the net for $40 shipped to your house.