Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New the mustang thing, few confused questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:04 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New the mustang thing, few confused questions

Y was this even bumped? In any case, I never got MAD about anything. As it was stated, I saw the diffrence and I still think stick on scoops are gay and you all will think my truck is still gay. Whatever lol.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

555, I read some of this thread a while back....don't think I ever posted in it. But if your basic question was why so many new mustang owners are doing aftermarket hoods, scoops, spoiler etc. that offer no performance upgrades whatsoever, I have to say that it's mainly just a matter of making the car their own. Ford really didn't get too creative with the exterior of this car like in the past.....very clean lines, no scoops, louvers or such anywhere when it rolls off the factory floor. This is actually a good thing for ppl who like a clean, uninterrupted look on their car. And for those who want a meaner hood, or window louvers, or whatever....Ford cooperated with the aftermarket industry very early in the S197's life to make sure those products would be available to new owners looking to spice up their ride.

I mean, sure we can argue that doing alot of this stuff is kinda lame since it offers no performance benefits, but then again........no spoiler put on anything priced under 40K has any function other than enhancing the look of the car. Now just think of how many cars, both passenger cars and performance cars, are rolling off the factory floors with spoilers on them. It's also no different than rims........do you need 18" chrome rims on your car or truck? Nope. But ppl put them on. Why? Cuz they think it looks good.

Sure, anyone can go over the top and end up with a "riced out" vehicle. But a guy buying a mean lookin hood with a nonfunctional scoop isn't necessarily a ricer or a lame-o because his hood does little but add to the look of the car. Besides, most scooped hoods......even functional ram-air ones, rarely do anything significant performance-wise for a car or truck in everyday driving situations.

In the end, it's just a matter of taste. If it floats their boat, ppl will put it on their mustang. As long as your enhancing the look of your ride, and not just piling lots of stuff on there just to make it stick out........then you're ok by me.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

+1
Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

Well, I dont think many hardcore "TRUCK" guys would take to kindly to your hot pink S10. I mean I know it's a show truck, but honestly, your saying that you think hood scoops and louvers are gay when your driving around in a hot pink s10. Your saying you modify trucks. I hate to burst your bubble but S-10's ARE NOT TRUCKS!!!! If you say truck trick out a Ram Hemi or a Silverado or escalade or anything that can even call itself a truck based on towing and versatility. I don't mean to rip on you bro but this whole thing is just dumb. If all the stuff you don't like on the mustang came stock would you still like it?? You dumped what, at least $15 g's into that thing thats based on the the venture minivan frame. Dude If I want to spend $10 grand on my car I have every right. Why would I want to buy something like a roush or saleen where I have to get what they put on it. In the end we're all customizers like you and want all our cars to be different and unique. It doesnt matter if the stuff if functional or not, did you really need that cloth sunroof, How is that performance oriented??

You had your fair warning of what was to follow with your posts. You even said yourself you've been trolling around here and other forums for a while, so shame on you for getting pist off when you knew what would happen when you bash our cars, you've seen us all post before.[sm=welcomesign.gif]
The S10 was never based on a Venture frame. The S10 had a normal truck frame, and by the time of its demise, the V6 version was rated to tow 6,000 - 6,500 pounds. I believe that is plenty truckish.