Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New the mustang thing, few confused questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:15 AM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default New the mustang thing, few confused questions

I've been pretty much only into modified trucks since before I could drive. A few things I noticed that newer mustang owners do is the need to put more exterior parts on that do nothing for the vehicle aka rice. Call me stupid, but what is with all the stick on window scoops, side scoops, and hood scoops, vinyl stripes and stick on fake hood pins(RICE!!!). I'm waiting to see roof scoops and big mouth bumpers to become popular. I'm anti-rice, I can't stand stuff on a vehicle that is stuck on and serves absolutely no purpose, must just be me. Another question is, what is with all the gloating on street racing. Its only cool to gloat about street racing if your doing it in a school zone, thats teh coolest [sm=goodidea.gif]. I just think its a good way to endanger yourself and others, but whatever. Please shed some light on these subjects, cause I just don't get it. I've been on several diffrent car boards for a while and with the purchase of my 05 gt I came here to get info and what parts are available. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some very clean stangs on here so its not like I'm saying everyones car looks riced out but for the most part Ive seen alot of it the short time I have been here. Thanks, and don't get all **** on me, I'm just curious so I figured I'd ask.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:44 AM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New the mustang thing, few confused questions

i don't do riced out ethier... but ricey is a mater of opinion... if you think that anything that doesnt do something is ricey, then you best keep your car all stock, in which case why are you at a modder fourm? no offence but side scoops and window luvers started with shelby in the 1960's way before "rice"

ok so now that that is out of the way, each one of the people on this fourm that you refer to as ricey owns that car that you are putting down. how would you feel? if you don't care for a car you don't have to tell them, its thier car to do as they wish... just be cool you know what i am saying?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
555*
3rd Gear Member

No I'm all for modding, don't get me wrong. Just things that actually do stuff (i.e. forced induction, suspension....). Just a personal opinion I'm sharing, as will repliers to this thread will share theirs. Yeah I thought about the whole shelby things with the scoops, understandable to make it look like an evolved(if you will) car since it is retro styled so I can understand that.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

CHECK OUT MY RICER!!!

Anyway, just going for the retro look and some personal style. As for "street racing", I try to keep mine on the dragstrip. I did a lot of suspension mods for that purpose. Have I had a street fight here and there? Well, a couple, but only in the back country roads where it was me, them and a cow or two. I know, still not smart, but after someone goes blaa blaa blaa so many times, you have to take them out to the country roads and shut em down.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

Many people think it's silly to modify a "truck". To each their own. You can't do something that makes everybody happy. Why do people street race? Why do people smoke? Rape? Pillage?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:19 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Im not rice, unless the mron that posted this who hasnt posted pics of his ride yet thinks so....no pics=no proof=no ****talk. KTHNXBYE
Old 05-11-2006, 12:22 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fly

Many people think it's silly to modify a "truck". To each their own. You can't do something that makes everybody happy. Why do people street race? Why do people smoke? Rape? Pillage?
I agree with you there. Alot of people do find it silly to mod a truck, hence y I'm not trying to say its so above mustangs or anything like that. but modding trucks like mine and mustangs is a diffrent ballgame. More work involved with doing crazy body work to a truck than putting window louvers on a mustang. But alot of people see it as crazy doing any body work to a truck in the first place lol.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CainMotorsports2102

Im not rice, unless the mron that posted this who hasnt posted pics of his ride yet thinks so....no pics=no proof=no ****talk. KTHNXBYE
Calling me a moron and you don't even know how to spell it lol. No reason to name call KTHNXBYE. Here are pics of my truck for inquiring minds along with others in the same scene.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

[sm=chairshot.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28178/EA39B1E39AB44881A15AD8C3CD2EB2C5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

[sm=chairshot.gif]