Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncomfortable door handle

Old 05-13-2006, 09:15 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Uncomfortable door handle

Why don't you to go to a custom upholstery shop ?
Get some ideas, and "customize" your interior to suit you ? A lot of folks on this forum do "mods" to satisfy their need for power / handling etc.., they have spent tons of $$$$ (and they didn't knock FORD for their lack of horsepower / handling) They just wanted better / best.

So, there is no reason why, you can't make that interior "magnificent" to suit your wants / needs / personal taste,.... etc.

Not sure why you called some of the replys to your question "children" ? I think everyone was above board, tried to enlighten you, gave good explanations, and helped with your concerns. Maybe a few "digs", but, hey.... you asked for it.

This is a MUSTANG FORUM, not a let's evaluate, and compare to Lexus, BMW, Jaguar, whatever........... You still don't get it, base is under 20K, base luxury cars start at 35K+. Your 30K was option costs, above base.

This is a "one size fits all car", its up to you to make it your "individual ride".

You can call me a "child" if you want, sh** that's an upgrade from yesterday. LOL

You haven't told me where I can get a Lexus vert for 31K.

So stop, whining, start spending, and quit bashing FORD,....... let's ban afgeorge !!!!!....... J / K
Old 05-13-2006, 11:01 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

so many complaints! lol
the benifits of being 5'10 and 140! lol
perfect height for the headrest! i love that thing i hate the cars that dont have one like it! LOL
i like resting my knee against the console(unless im weareing shorts)
i thinkk the armrest is nice
the only time i dont like my interior is when i step out my friends volvo s60(whose seats are designed by temperpedic) ,but the ni appreciate my engine,styling,sound, fun factor.......so much more!
Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 AM
kazmtj22
1st Gear Member

i just have one thing to say to all of this.......GO SABRES!!!!!!!

CUP CRAZY
Old 05-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I took the car for a spin a few minutes ago and I unconsciously rested my left arm on the arm rest while driving. -- Maybe it's me... but my arm was no where near the opening and it wasn't 'hard' feeling or anything. Though I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, I still have never had any complaints about the interior being too 'pointy' or 'sharp-edged' ... Ah well.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

WTF? Why do people come to a Mustang Forum to bitch about how they dislike the Mustang?

ORIGINAL: AirForceGeorge

Well, I'm at about a month of ownership now and the last few days the door handle/arm rest on the door panel is starting to drive me crazy. I dunno why I didn't notice this before. The gripping slot on the door panel (used to hold while you close the door) and that leads to the map compartment is right where my elbow rests! As I move the steering wheel my left elbow is directly on the edge of the cushion and the hole and it's slipping into and out of it and irritating the hell out of me. If it was an auto it probably wouldn't bother me much because I would use my leg to hold my arm up then.

After driving my wifes Durango while I had the mirrors painted for a couple days and comign back to the Mustang the interior has started to **** me off a lot more on the Mustang. I'm irritated by the hard plastic everywhere and the comfort level. I still love the car and I know it isn't supposed to be a luxury car but at 31k for a GT convertible we're talking Lexus prices. Ford could have done a lot better here.

Anyone have this problem and/or any ideas? I'm gonna order that cushion rest off ebay for my right knee that hard edge is getting to me. That I'm gluing a glorified piece of rubber to a 30k+ dollar car just irritates me.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Maybe we should take their cars and install insane asylum like padding in the whole thing! then nothing can poke them! and it wil all be "plush" and "comfortable" lol[sm=violin.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 05-14-2006, 01:50 AM
puppet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moonbaby1973

WTF? Why do people come to a Mustang Forum to bitch about how they dislike the Mustang?

I have 2 thoughts on the My armrest is not up to snuff issue:

1 - Take a baseball bat and... wait. That's not it. I know my arm spends 0 time on the armrest, because i an steering with it, and shifting with the other. Maybe the guy can play manumatic and solve problem that way.

2 - Ok, i don't habe a follow up. I do remember the "Ghia" days of Mustangs. Not a proud era. Hardnosed and powerful is the awesome. Soft and cushy is what almost killed the mustang a number of times. So i will take hard, and leave the "I <3 Monte Carlo-ness" opinions to others.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Surely not to get sympathy or encouragement.

I guess afgeorge has never bought a $1000 airplane ticket and sat in the center seat.... NOW, that's room for WA WA WA WA NING

JMO
Old 05-14-2006, 02:27 AM
06VistaGT
1st Gear Member

I am 6'2" and have not noticed any comfort issues, either. But, what does it matter? The guy who started the topic did and is looking for some insight into how to improve the car. Here is a suggestion:

You are probably looking for a door armrest pad. I couldn't find anything for the new cars, but here is what I am talking about:
http://johnsmustang.com/Catalog/3213/

As mentioned above, I don't think it would be too difficult to make a similar type pad (or have one made for you).

As for the interior quality issue, I am not quite sure what to make of it. It seems to me that "suggesting" a higher quality interior would in fact lead to an improved product. Complaining about the quality of the product, especially considering (as you pointed out) that all the reviews noted the interior "hard plastic feel," is counterproductive. If you don't like the interior, but still bought the car, then is it really a big enough issue for Ford to consider? On the other hand, I believe that satisfied Mustang owners suggesting an improvement to the interior played a role in the '07 upgrade package.

Just my $0.02
Old 05-14-2006, 02:34 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

A more than eloquent reply........... (I covered that earlier)

1 more time.............................................. ................

IT'S YOUR CAR, "MOD" IT TO YOUR SATISIFACTION.

please read all replys to a thread, b4, you offer opinions or thoughts, itsa common mistake, that can be avoided, if u scroll thru all replys