Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Stupid glow in the dark trunk release fell off :(

Old 05-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Zombie Dictator

Default Stupid glow in the dark trunk release fell off :(

I have a 2005 Ford Mustang V6 and while going to put a sun shield in the trunk of my car, I noticed that my glow in the dark emergency trunk release was sitting on the floor. I fiddled for 20 minutes trying to put the damned thing back in, but can't get it.

Has this happened to anyone and does anyone know how to put it back in?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Fatblazer
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Stupid glow in the dark trunk release fell off :(

Happens to me all the time. It's pretty easy to put back, It has a hammer end stopper, just slip it in side ways then turn it and it will lock in place.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:52 PM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHA so basically you could lock someone in your trunk and just pull that puppy off and they are ****ed!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! SOOO FUNNY
Old 05-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Zombie Dictator

ORIGINAL: Fatblazer

Happens to me all the time. It's pretty easy to put back, It has a hammer end stopper, just slip it in side ways then turn it and it will lock in place.
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, because from the way I see it is there is no way to push it in sideways, it only goes in straight, where it seems to not fit properly and if I keep forcing it in, it bumps into where it's locked.

Can someone provide me with some pictures for a break this little plastic doohickey?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

It happened to me the other day. I think with your finger you can push the little tabs inward (In the direction they move, not in reverse or you'll snap them.) Then move your finger out of the way and put the T stop in. It was my first time and it took me like 2 seconds to fix, so I'm not really sure what kind of problems you are running into... Unless of course when it fell off, it fell off because it snapped somewhere and that is why you can't get it back on?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:33 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

honestly i dont think its important. I TOOK mine off, i dont plan on being thrown in my trunk, and you can still grab the wire.... im more worried about me throwing someone in there!! why would i want them to be able to get out? and you can get into the car from the trunk by pushing the seats down,......i think its hideous when you open the trunk witht that stupid green handle hanging there....

just my $0.02
Old 05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I've never really taken notice of it until I found it sitting inside of my trunk when it fell off... Though, the fact I rarely use my trunk is another thing. lol.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:32 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I don't even think anyone could fit in the trunk of my vert. Maybe I could have.......where's my wife when I need her?

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/E6054847BC374DD8A11970DD1DE3A86D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-14-2006, 06:37 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Could someone PLEASE refresh my memory on the "slang" name/term for that green handle in the trunk........It has some sort of Mafia conotation
Old 05-14-2006, 12:49 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Internal trunk release Do-Hicky to be scientific..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stupid glow in the dark trunk release fell off :(

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.