Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmm .. my realistic wish list

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 06:29 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

Default hmm .. my realistic wish list

yeah i know i cant get EVERYTHING that i want for my windviel blue stang... so (because im bored) i made a list of the few things (Appearance wise) that i do wanna get eventually (in the order that i want to get em)

for the stripes i'd want them to be white and continue over the the top of the car and onto the top of the trunk then stop as they do in the front

(i like these bc id love to see the look on people's faces... but they are a lil cheesy)

but yea all this is not possible right now because im saving my money to move into an appartment when i switch colleges in the spring sooooo i have to save up (at least its for a good cause) but yeah all these are on the back burner for now... unless of course one of you rich people would wanna donate! hahaha

so what yall think about those? think they would look good?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:43 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: hmm .. my realistic wish list

Already got mod fever huh?
I think a lot of us in here either have a mod list at the time or used to have one. I have about three little things I want to get at the moment, then two or three "big" mods I'm leaving for next year.
By the way, the sequentials do look pretty good (that's one of the things on my list), I actually ordered them about two weeks ago but I ordered the ones for the 2005s and they didn't fit on my 2006, so had to put them on eBay.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:58 PM
PonyGT2005
2nd Gear Member

I had not seen the honeycomb blackout before...not sure I like the texture but if you do go for it.

I am thinking about side and back louvers myself...i like the version you show.

I like the lines that you described for the stripes....i like the offset from the front.
I am (slowly) moving to all black accents on my stang..going to get black bullits eventually to replace the stock rims and then I'll probably go with a rear badge delete and black out. After I am done running on the track I will re-paint the car...not worth doing now as I get a couple chips every time out...not sure if it will stay windveil blue though [sm=smiley25.gif]

I've been on and off about the sequentials...I like them but not enough to buy them yet
Old 05-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Well, you asked for opinions and I'm bored enough to give them to you.

Honeycomb Blackout Panel - I don't think these look horribly bad, but it just wouldn't work for my car since it's already black. Of course it would work but I don't think it would looks as good.

Window Louvers - I have yet to see a Louver - or scoop - for the rear quarter panel windows that I like. I'm almost tempted to get the window removed and replaced with panel and only a small circular window (Like that of the 60s Mustangs.) It would definately be different, but would be very costly...

Sequential Taillights - This is where I get a little bad. I think they look horrible. I had to stare at them plenty enough while following Allfyre during our ride around NYC. I think I shared with him how much I disliked them, as well. All in all, they aren't muscle car/mustangish. They are crap.

Stripes - Well, it seems everyone wants stripes. I don't think stripes are terrible looking, but some can be. I think stripes are a bit over done though. Though to each their own. I'll never be putting stripes on my car, and if I was to do anything even remotely like that it would be Mach 1 or Boss inspired stripes. Not striping your pony like a zebra.

Well, that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

Hope that wasn't too bad?
Menace.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

I dig the honeycomb panel for the back. I was thinking of getting one myself. I agree with the Boss or Mach 1 style stripes, mine sorta fit into that category. As for the sequential taillights, well whatever floats your boat!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

I like your ideas, we all have a wishlist but money is theproblem!!!. I put on the blackout panels and just had the Boss stripes installed. Was debating which hood to go with but now with the Boss stripes I need to save up and get the "Shaker" Yeah more money.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Window Louvers - I have yet to see a Louver - or scoop - for the rear quarter panel windows that I like. I'm almost tempted to get the window removed and replaced with panel and only a small circular window (Like that of the 60s Mustangs.) It would definately be different, but would be very costly...
I have never seen anything remotely close to a small circular window on a Mustang, ever. Can you PM or post a picture of what you are talking about?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Looks like you are going to need some deep pockets get through your wish list.....no bad.