Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my clutch exploded…

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
RazorX

Default RE: I think my clutch exploded…

Here are pictures of the carnage.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 PM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

NICELY DONE!!! that one goes on the wall of shame for sure!!! any pics of the hole in the bellhousing??

any updates??
Old 05-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

And ford wonders why the imports are taking away their market share!

I had an Audi A6 Quatro... took it to Colorado... while there, it rained and I decided to play in the mud with my Quatro 4x4 Drive... had a blast.. until something broke in the transfer case. VERY LOUD BANG... it was a chain they tell me.

I was obviously doing something with the car I shouldn't have... and they were very aware...

They gave me another Audi to drive, towed my car to an Audi dealership in Colorado Spring.. had the car fixed the next day PLUS they picked up the tab for the extra night at my hotel- - no charge to me!

I had an Infiniti I30... with the fold away mirror... I smacked the mirror on the garage wall driving in... it did fold.. but the outside case shattered smacking into the frame. Infiniti replaced the mirror, no questions asked.

I had a BMW before this Mustang... I clipped a curb entering a parking lot and the lower airdam fell off.... BMW replaced it no questions ask.

So far I have been fighting Ford for almost a full year to replace my fog lights... they are sticking to their guns that the lights are within factory specs and therefore not replaceable - even though ALL who look at them agree they are faulty. My Top, when down squeeks a LOT - they will not fix it.. tell me they all do that!

Ford is strapped for cash - and every item they can avoid paying out on is that much more cash for the golden umbrella and bonus coverage for their C-Shop guys.

Ford Warentee.... good for 36k miles or 36 months - or until something actually breaks - whichever comes first.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:17 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

wow. thanks for the info on how to stand up to the dealer..

Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
gh0stGT

Damn sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. I can't believe that Ford wouldn't cover that under warranty. That is a bad business model to follow especially for a struggling company. Customer services wins people over and brings business in the long run. I know I would pay more if I knew a manufacturer stood by their product.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:40 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

Look, they have to prove that your mods caused the failure with the clutch spring! Do a search for the Magnuson-Moss Act. Also call the Ford Dispute Settlement Board

DSB at 1-800-428-3718

Don't accept that bullsh!t and Good Luck
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
mhahnjr
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mash2k

And ford wonders why the imports are taking away their market share!

I had an Audi A6 Quatro... took it to Colorado... while there, it rained and I decided to play in the mud with my Quatro 4x4 Drive... had a blast.. until something broke in the transfer case. VERY LOUD BANG... it was a chain they tell me.

I was obviously doing something with the car I shouldn't have... and they were very aware...

They gave me another Audi to drive, towed my car to an Audi dealership in Colorado Spring.. had the car fixed the next day PLUS they picked up the tab for the extra night at my hotel- - no charge to me!

I had an Infiniti I30... with the fold away mirror... I smacked the mirror on the garage wall driving in... it did fold.. but the outside case shattered smacking into the frame. Infiniti replaced the mirror, no questions asked.

I had a BMW before this Mustang... I clipped a curb entering a parking lot and the lower airdam fell off.... BMW replaced it no questions ask.

So far I have been fighting Ford for almost a full year to replace my fog lights... they are sticking to their guns that the lights are within factory specs and therefore not replaceable - even though ALL who look at them agree they are faulty. My Top, when down squeeks a LOT - they will not fix it.. tell me they all do that!

Ford is strapped for cash - and every item they can avoid paying out on is that much more cash for the golden umbrella and bonus coverage for their C-Shop guys.

Ford Warentee.... good for 36k miles or 36 months - or until something actually breaks - whichever comes first.

< Message edited by Professor Wizard -- 5/17/2006 3:10:14 PM >
I have to say I agree with you. I have a GMC Yukon XL and when I take it to the dealer for ANY reason they fix it no questions asked. They are always helpful and friendly. I wish I could find a Ford dealership like it!

06 GT Premium
Windveil Blue
Auto
Old 05-19-2006, 04:29 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

Call Ford directly as stated earlier, but also that Service Manager works for someone. You need to talk to that someone as well.

Start throwing around words like 'libel' and 'slander' and do it IN their shop in front of the car buying public. They're accusing you of doing something you didn't, and you had someone with you at the time who could back up the fact that you weren't hot rodding it like they're accusing you of.

Have the conversation where it hurts. in their store, in front of their customers.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I had a problem at ford service with a truck I bought. My salesman who is a great guy walked up and asked what was wrong? I told him that service was jacking me around and wouldn't fix a clunk in my transmission that was under warranty. He told me to make sure there was a lot of customers around in service and ask for the manager and go nuts on him in front of everyone on how they won't fix your waranty issue. I told him that it was BS to have to do that. He said that he knew, but to go do it.
Worked like a charm. Sad, but true..