Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do you have in mods?

Old 05-15-2006, 03:05 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: How much do you have in mods?

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Your options are way too short. I am WAAAAAYYYYY over 6K...lol

Most everyone with a s/c after install and tune have hit that point. My tranny and suspension alone make 6K...
So how is your stang' coming along ck? I'm really excite to see some the number's once it's done. Can't wait!!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:12 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Alas, I have been without her for a week now and dying to get it back. Figure 1 more week left and then I have to put a quick 500 mile break-in on the motor then back for 3 days of tuning. Definitely under the gun cause I have the summit series pro class race 3 and 4 on 28th and 29th. I'm going to burn one of my dial-ins to squeeze to see what it does and we're going to video and I'll post vids at end of the month.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

I was half way there in just my audio/video/Nav system. Over 6000 I in don't have a supercharger yet. Still cheaper then a vette.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:24 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DStang05

I was half way there in just my audio/video/Nav system. Over 6000 I in don't have a supercharger yet. Still cheaper then a vette.
Boy ain't that the truth. I'm still just under the price of a Z06 and kill a stock one.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:46 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Str8 up killer me and you are in the same boat. We'll smoke that z06 and look better doing it too.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

It is funny how these "stock rocks" guys are even posting here at this site. I didn't do anything for a year, then I dropped 3500$ in a month. There are too many stock stangs on the road. Just looking like everyone else was not why I bought the car. I swear I pass two stock GT redfires everyday. Mineral grey vert, a yellow salen and a roush once in awhile. Plus the sheer number of V6's everywhere. I couldn't take it any more. Had to do it. The guy who posted the "Frankenstang" comment I am not even going to waste my time looking up the name. Why are you even online posting this site? Everything you'll need to know is in your Ford Manual. Almost everyone in the country is running stock stangs. The few, the proud, the modders, that's what you find here. Yes, everyone here is modding. This is a very small sample of total mustangs produced and sold in 2005-2006.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:42 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

OOPS! Sorry for stepping on so many toes, no insult was ever intended. I've seen a few Frankenstang pics here..... sorry but lambo doors and Cylon inspired engines are not what comes to mind when I think of a Mustang. I don't want to start another LEJAY war. I must have missed the rules of the forum dictating that you have to mod to participate here (Mustang Forums). I apologize to all those offended by stock Mustangs. I thought this forum was intended to allow Mustang (of all kinds) owners communicate and share their love of the greatest American Muscle car ever built. Read my origional post in this section, JMO = Just My Opinion, everyone is entitled to their own. Sorry if you don't agree with mine, Im certain there are many on both sides. As the proud owner of three Mustangs (currently own - 96 V6 Vert, 02 V6 coupe and 06 GT), I've put my share of $$$$ into the Ford Motor Company. If you want to mod your Mustang to make it yours, have a blast, be proud of it, it's your car (as stated in my origional post). When I see another Mustang, thats what I see... another Mustang. Perhaps I've been around long enough to know, it's not what you drive that makes the man (or woman, don't want to leave out a good chunk of Mustang owners here). Nuff said.
[sm=icon_quiet.gif]
Old 05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Probably about $1700 or so here. Mostly just little stuff (Shorty Antenna, Redline Tuning QuickLift kit, hood pins). The CDC Shaker (750), Diablo Sport (360) and Hurst Shifter (180) were the big ones for me so far.

Not sure if I am going to go suspension/exhaust next or painted stripes and CDC Classic Chin spoiler
Old 05-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Yes... this is a place for ALL Mustang people to hang and talk and learn about mustangs!

Modded or NOT!

Nothing wrong with a stock mustang!

Now, personally, I have never had a car what was like everyone else. But that is just my nature!

I started out with an 05 GT Convertible with the Premium package...

Then I added...

Remote Start $250
Chromatic Mirror with Home-Link + Compass and Therm $416
Carbon Fiber and Aluminum Dash Kit + Trunk Letters $351
Sequencer Tail Light Kit $130
Hood Struts $110
Billet Grill Pieces $320
67 Mustang Dash Tri-Bar $12
Trunk Black out kit $49
Aluminum Wheels + Spinners $658
Shaker Hood Scoop $831
Chin Spoiler $275