Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple questions for those with cervinis window scoops

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:20 PM
official_style

Default couple questions for those with cervinis window scoops

well i am about to put my car into the body shop. currently i have the cervinis c scoops, and the CDC smooth windows scoops. i like the cervinis window scoops, but i heard that they are a little flimsy, and not the best for a daily driver. what are peoples opinons of them now that you have had them on for a while? what happens once the water gets in from the front vent, it just gets stuck inside? this is my only car, so i drive it in rain snow etc, and it goes thru car washes. i do like the cervinis looks better, but i need them to last also!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

Default RE: couple questions for those with cervinis window scoops

I got the C series window scoops and I have had nNO problems at all. I wash my car all the time and I haven't had any problems. Sometimes after I leave the wash and get home there will be a few drops down the side, but a quick wipe and they are gone. I also drive my car ALL the time (school, work, for fun) and I've had no problems at all. I too was worried about them staying on, rattling, etc., but nope. Even on the freeway (going faster than I should) there was no problems.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:40 AM
official_style

well im gonna drop the car at the shop tomorrow, call cervinis and have them ship them to me as fast as possible!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:50 AM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

they ship pretty quickly. I got mine in about 5 business days. I love em. The only warning I have is get ready for the large blind spot.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 AM
official_style

i never use them side windows, and i got the CDC blackouts on them already. i need to get cervinis to overnight them to me!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:06 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Here's the facts on the Cervini window scoops. I installed them myself and here's some tips you should make sure your installer knows:

1. They are a VERY close fit. Make sure you or they use masking tape along the edge of the windows to size up for a perfect fit. They just barely fit the edges of the glass and easy to mess up if you try to 'eyeball it'.

2. You will have no problems with water if they are installed right. There is a small drain hole on the bottom side and when you apply the 3m tape, you need to stop at the hole, cut the tape, skip the hole, and then reapply the tape. Make sure you mention this to your installer if you have someone do it cause I have seen guys just run the tape along the entire frame of the scoop and block the drain hole. This will make them hold water and start to come off after time.

3. These pieces are halfway prepped when you get them but in no way ready for paint. If you paint them as-is, you will get some bubbles and cracking in the paint. Make sure they are prepped again before paint and nice and smooth.

4. This isn't mandatory but they do look like crap from the inside of the car looking out. What I did was use three layers of limo tint on the 1/4 windows and it blacked them out perfectly from the inside and looks great.

Following these instructions they fit perfectly and are a great addition. I drive my car harder than most and have no problems with them at all. I had the roush window louvers and swapped them for the cervinis with no regrets.

Mark