Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air/Fuel and spark on SCT XCal2

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Default Air/Fuel and spark on SCT XCal2

Has anyone messed with this parameters on the XCal2?

Anyone know enough to safely adjust these parameters to increase HP?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:55 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Air/Fuel and spark on SCT XCal2

It's funny you mentioned this because I have been tweaking mine. While at the track, I advanced the timing throughout the 4000-8000 RPm range and richened the Air/fuel mixture. I ran my best time! In fact, I lost a race today to my friends newly aquired 06 GT because I was laying rubber for about 30 feet! I had been used to how my car launched and spinned, but now, I have to drive it differently to win races on these stock tires. Here in the Mile high city, My car didn't lay much rubber before it caught traction, but now, I will just sit and spin. It definately helped something! I'm going to the dyno to check some things out.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:04 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Let me know what happens on the dyno..... If you successfully increased your HP, I'd like to know exactly what you did. I have pretty much the same set up, so I'm assuming the same tweak would give me similar results.

<It's funny you mentioned this because I have been tweaking mine. While at the track, I advanced the timing throughout the 4000-8000 RPm range and richened the Air/fuel mixture. I ran my best time! In fact, I lost a race today to my friends newly aquired 06 GT because I was laying rubber for about 30 feet! I had been used to how my car launched and spinned, but now, I have to drive it differently to win races on these stock tires. Here in the Mile high city, My car didn't lay much rubber before it caught traction, but now, I will just sit and spin. It definately helped something! I'm going to the dyno to check some things out. >
Old 05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

I just posted on this thread about tuner issues I'm having...only got 1 response....
are you using the canned tune from the tuner or did you have it dyno tuned?

what type of HP numers are you putting down...

My best run at bandi was a 14.6 before any mods-what's your best run to date?. I'm going to try to make it today after work if I can get off early enough. I've already got a lot of timing on my car...it loses power under 2500 but pulls a lot harder abouve 3k...maybe i'll have my tuner (mile high dyno) do another tune for street and track time...if i see your car out there i'll go intro myself.
ORIGINAL: undefeated

It's funny you mentioned this because I have been tweaking mine. While at the track, I advanced the timing throughout the 4000-8000 RPm range and richened the Air/fuel mixture. I ran my best time! In fact, I lost a race today to my friends newly aquired 06 GT because I was laying rubber for about 30 feet! I had been used to how my car launched and spinned, but now, I have to drive it differently to win races on these stock tires. Here in the Mile high city, My car didn't lay much rubber before it caught traction, but now, I will just sit and spin. It definately helped something! I'm going to the dyno to check some things out.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:01 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4wheelkillr

I just posted on this thread about tuner issues I'm having...only got 1 response....
are you using the canned tune from the tuner or did you have it dyno tuned?

what type of HP numers are you putting down...

My best run at bandi was a 14.6 before any mods-what's your best run to date?. I'm going to try to make it today after work if I can get off early enough. I've already got a lot of timing on my car...it loses power under 2500 but pulls a lot harder abouve 3k...maybe i'll have my tuner (mile high dyno) do another tune for street and track time...if i see your car out there i'll go intro myself.

We ran the same times[sm=icon_cheers.gif]. I ran a 14.6 with strong headwinds. Had there been no wind, It would have been an easy 14.4 or so, but then again, I was polishing the streets with these stock tires[8D]. Since I've run the 14.6, I have tweaked it a little. The car's response is incredible. I await to dyno it. I assume that the 14.6 was excellent on that day because I heard a guy say he could only run a 15.0 and he had an 05 GTO. A Viper only ran a 14.1 best
Old 05-18-2006, 01:49 AM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

We ran the same times[sm=icon_cheers.gif]. I ran a 14.6 with strong headwinds. Had there been no wind, It would have been an easy 14.4 or so, but then again, I was polishing the streets with these stock tires[8D]. Since I've run the 14.6, I have tweaked it a little. The car's response is incredible. I await to dyno it. I assume that the 14.6 was excellent on that day because I heard a guy say he could only run a 15.0 and he had an 05 GTO. A Viper only ran a 14.1 best
Was the 14.6 stock or after your intake?

I guess I'm just a good driver eh?
I got 1 run at 14.6 and 3 runs at 14.8...that was with shorty headers and flowmaster axlebacks-i felt no difference in power or torque or response from the exhaust...pretty expensive exhaust note if you ask me...
now i've got my intake and tune in...have about 13 more ponies and more agressive timing...hoping for 14.4's with a little more practice too....my next and final mod (for now) is the 4.10 gears....

another guy here..also in denver (351Pony) was having spinning probs too...he's got an auto w/ 4.10's w/ CAI and brenspeed tune and he couldn't even get into the 14's...altitude is a killer!

can't wait to bring my car and try again.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:26 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4wheelkillr

Was the 14.6 stock or after your intake?

I guess I'm just a good driver eh?
I got 1 run at 14.6 and 3 runs at 14.8...that was with shorty headers and flowmaster axlebacks-i felt no difference in power or torque or response from the exhaust...pretty expensive exhaust note if you ask me...
Sounds like you are a good driver[sm=icon_rock.gif]. I never ran stock at Bandimere. I had my tune and C&L. My friend has another 05 and he ran 14.7 with only SLP axle backs. I had a mess of 14.8's and 9's. My two 14.6's was with about a 5000 launch. Man, was I spinning[sm=smiley13.gif]. Anyways, I'm about to order my 4.10's as well. After that, I suppose I'll get some type of exhaust set up. Well, I'll need some serious tires on the rear when these gears arrive.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:49 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

You will love the 4:10's, but get ready to do some suspension mods if you want to hook up. I have done a lot of suspension stuff and bought a set of BFG KDW2's. At Bowling Green last Sat., I put down a 60ft time of 1.68 and a 13.4 1/4 mile time. The BFG's made a huge difference. They are very sticky for a street tire. I set them down to various pressures and they hooked best for me at 28lbs.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

You will love the 4:10's, but get ready to do some suspension mods if you want to hook up. I have done a lot of suspension stuff and bought a set of BFG KDW2's. At Bowling Green last Sat., I put down a 60ft time of 1.68 and a 13.4 1/4 mile time. The BFG's made a huge difference. They are very sticky for a street tire. I set them down to various pressures and they hooked best for me at 28lbs.
Wow, the 1.6 is nice!