MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Fender Bender [:@] (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/128420-fender-bender.html)

sonicblue05 05-15-2006 10:39 PM

Fender Bender [:@]

Damnit,
ok so some ladystopped and waved me out of the parking lot and let me in front of her (nice lady) then some crazy b*tch comes out of a side road when im halfway out of the parking lot, and runs the entire length of her explorer down my front bumper! i maintained my calm *by thinking "HEY I GET A NEW **COOLER** BUMPER'* well then i looked closer.

my bumper is pretty screwed, i wanted a new one anyway, cool not too bad.
ok so now the bad part. I have a nice little crease in my hood, bout two inches long. and the fender (above the light) is dented in till its touching the light. Well this sucks! body shop time!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...2/P1010001.jpg

how much do you guys hink it will cost me to get the hood and fender fixed?
Thanks,
Justin

LEJAY 05-15-2006 11:02 PM

RE: Fender Bender [:@]

WHY would it cost you anything, if you got hit ? Did you call the cops ? If you were "waved out", you had the right-of -way.
Any more details ????

BLACK06GT4ME 05-15-2006 11:07 PM

Should only cost your time. If they hit you they should pay. That's what logic dictates, however not always what happens. Hope you come out with a better car and no loss of $$$$.

sonicblue05 05-15-2006 11:12 PM

yeah we callled the cops,lady was nice about it, i havent gotten the police report yet so i dont know officially whos fault it was. i think it will be classified as "unavoidable" because the cop kinda blamed "the idiot that designed this road" for it. (it goes from two lanes to three really quickly and the lady was pulling into the third lane) i was only halfway pulled out when she scraped me,so she says i pulled out in front of her.....no witnesses so its my word against hers. i dont think he blamed either of us though.

wewill have to see when i get the police report and what the insurance companies say, it just happened about three hours ago so....

so....... if its neither persons official fault, my insurance will pay for it. But im not going to claim it because it will just increase my premium and its not worth it.

LEJAY 05-15-2006 11:33 PM

Really, no fault means no fault..............

Your insurance carrier can not, or will not hold a claim against you, and increase your premiums over this type of accident. If you have a "clean" history, have been a customer, turn the claim in,.......... That's why you pay for insurance.

Even, if this was true, you are looking at $900-$1400 in damage. If they jacked it $200 a year (improbable), you are still better off having them pay.

Who's your carrier ?

MusiccityGT 05-15-2006 11:41 PM

That really stinks. Sorry to hear that Sonicblue. Leejay is right. You are looking at probably in excess of $1000 worth of damage.

sonicblue05 05-15-2006 11:45 PM

wow that sucks.
its my parents decision on not to claimit and my dad is best friends with our insurance guy.i think he knows the drill about the insurance.....lol
that is terrible!
there goes my mods for about a year! (other than my bumper lol)
im screwed.im 17 and cant have a job(not enough time in the day) .....screwed screwed screwed

fairlane292 05-16-2006 12:07 AM

If dad is best friends with your insurance guy, you best go with what they say. Bumper cover may be repairable (is it cracked or split?) I'd check with paintless dent repair and see just what they can do on hood and fender, you may be surprised). ...may just be an option there that gets you 98% repair for 10-20% full autobody shop cost; if you're not going through the ins co this may be where you want to be. ...do some more research on the "repair side" of things.

allfyre 05-16-2006 12:21 AM

GET A NEW COOLER HOOD!!!!

LEJAY 05-16-2006 12:23 AM

Good points. However, the aluminum hoods do not respond as well as steel does, in paintless / dent repair. Bumper covers are just as tricky, as you could have more labor, than just hangin a new cover on there.

If Dad and the agent are good friends, something should be easy enough to work out. Again, insurance companies can not jack rates, without just cause. Accidents happen, and that's why we pay premiums. Fender-benders vs high speed reckless accidents are 2 different things.

I'm thinkin............ 17yo in a GT, maybe he was not primary on that car, in regards to the policy / coverage.

JMO