Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compliments Reeceived

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Compliments Reeceived

ORIGINAL: puppet

mostly stares, plus shout outs from pedestrians. Usually "watch out" or "slow the **** down." Which is like "nice car," in that I have not been shot at. (that i know of)

HAHAHAHA! I like that last part!
Old 05-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: puppet
mostly stares, plus shout outs from pedestrians. Usually "watch out" or "slow the **** down." Which is like "nice car," in that I have not been shot at. (that i know of)
In fighter pilot circles they say you only ever see 30% of what's shot at you. So if that ratio holds true on the roads...
Old 05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

My first compliment: "Dya wanna race?" [sm=gears.gif]
Old 05-16-2006, 08:46 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

took mine to a car show last saturday about 300 cars i got my fair share of "nice ride" i figure cars are like kids start taken em to car show young
Old 05-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwall583

Oh yeah. As an early buyer (November 2004) I got a lot of interest in my GT. Actually had people follow me into parking lots to ask me questions. That has diminished now that there are many more on the road, but I still get a lot of compliments and questions.

Not long ago someone was complaining in one of teh forums about not getting much reaction from "chicks" on his Mustang. I was puzzled because I always got a lot of reaction. Recently we got a puppy, a Goldendoodle. We go and sit at Starbucks with the puppy occasionally ( I cover my leather seats before we go) and between the car and the puppy we get a lot of "chick" interest. My wife is with me so it s all vey innocent but I have thought that it is a great way for single guys to meet women. So if the car alone doesn't do it get a puppy to bring with you? Oh well.

Enjoy you car! We do.
as an early early buyer (first week of september 2004), i got more than i could handle in looks and comments. the main thing above and beyond complements was the onslaught of every car everywhere wanting to race. i kept track for a while, but after a while stopped. i had been in 103 races and won some 86 or so of those. before it was even 2005.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

I still get compliments on my car, last week we had a company meeting (we have 4 new employees so it was time to introduce them to the rest of the team) when it was time to introduce me to the new guys, what my boss said was "he's got the coolest car in the company, AND he races it for fun!!"
One of my female co-workers saw me on my way to work, when she got there she went to my office and said "I'm happy to see you drive that car the wait it's meant to be driven", lets just say I wasn't doing 20MPH.
Two days ago I was at one of my uncle's house, there were a couple of friends there, one of them had a kid about 7 years old, he's pretty cool with me so he asked me if I still had my other car, I told him I had a new one so he asked me to go out and show him my new car. I took him to see the car, turned it on and he was just drooling over the car. We went back into the house and he was still thinking about the car, he looks at me and says "you know, you can get away from the cops on that car!!!"
Old 05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Every time I take it out for a drive I get some compliment or at a minimum stares. Not too many 05 - 06 GT's running around so it's still a little unique.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: razol

I had a strange woman come up to me and say, "I could get off just riding in the passenger seat of your car". I have had lots of compliments, but that one stands out as the most interesting.
So ... did she?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I got mine in December 2004 and had to drive about 300 miles to get it. I stopped at a rest stop on the way home to let my wife use the facilities and two guys jumped out of their car and begged me to let them take pictures of it. Since then I get plenty of thumbs up and comments like "nice ride"
Old 05-16-2006, 11:46 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I had a cop blue light me and pull me over just so he could look at the car. He gave me the thumbs up and allowed me to leave.

Quick Reply: Compliments Reeceived