MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Compliments Reeceived (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/128624-compliments-reeceived.html)

otalldon 05-16-2006 01:17 PM

Compliments Reeceived

[size=2]HI,
May I ask for compliments received on your new 05/06 Mustang. Have had several from friends and coworkers alike. Everyone notices when I drive my new 06 GT to work> My son plays on a travel baseball team, get alot of ribbing from the other daddies when I drive my GT to a tournament cause I baby it so as in where I park it and such. When I drive it around town, people are always staring, making comments and thumbs up. Really enjoy my new car, was a 69 freak when I was young and it's so nostalgic having the 06. Ford did a great job with this one, I am pleased in every aspect!

Don
[/size]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33243/F2E78278852049CFB82BDACA7FAF8D4E.jpg[/IMG]

razol 05-16-2006 02:35 PM

RE: Compliments Reeceived

I had a strange woman come up to me and say, "I could get off just riding in the passenger seat of your car". I have had lots of compliments, but that one stands out as the most interesting.

cwall583 05-16-2006 03:05 PM

Oh yeah. As an early buyer (November 2004) I got a lot of interest in my GT. Actually had people follow me into parking lots to ask me questions. That has diminished now that there are many more on the road, but I still get a lot of compliments and questions.

Not long ago someone was complaining in one of teh forums about not getting much reaction from "chicks" on his Mustang. I was puzzled because I always got a lot of reaction. Recently we got a puppy, a Goldendoodle. We go and sit at Starbucks with the puppy occasionally ( I cover my leather seats before we go) and between the car and the puppy we get a lot of "chick" interest. My wife is with me so it s all vey innocent but I have thought that it is a great way for single guys to meet women. So if the car alone doesn't do it get a puppy to bring with you? Oh well.

Enjoy you car! We do.

kcary 05-16-2006 03:59 PM

So far only compliment I've gotten was from a cop lol. Instead of asking for license or registration or anything, first words out of his mouth were, "This the new 06?" I knew it was smooth sailing from there :D

MikeHawke 05-16-2006 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: cwall583

Oh yeah. As an early buyer (November 2004) I got a lot of interest in my GT. Actually had people follow me into parking lots to ask me questions. That has diminished now that there are many more on the road, but I still get a lot of compliments and questions.

Not long ago someone was complaining in one of teh forums about not getting much reaction from "chicks" on his Mustang. I was puzzled because I always got a lot of reaction. Recently we got a puppy, a Goldendoodle. We go and sit at Starbucks with the puppy occasionally ( I cover my leather seats before we go) and between the car and the puppy we get a lot of "chick" interest. My wife is with me so it s all vey innocent but I have thought that it is a great way for single guys to meet women. So if the car alone doesn't do it get a puppy to bring with you? Oh well.

Enjoy you car! We do.
LOL, My dog won't let me leave the house without her.

Getaway 05-16-2006 04:21 PM

haha...Don's a "69 freak".:D
Most of us are.

I get the usual complement..."you sure do drive fast"
I just say "thanks"

sectionV8 05-16-2006 04:58 PM

Most complements I recieved were from friends and family. I originally never really had any 'stranger' come up and say anything. Until....the mods. Now everyone says something. Just two days ago I drove thru the Wendy's drive-thru and literally four employees stuck their heads out the window (2 from the pay window & 2 from the pick up window). When I got to the pick up window the guy who was looking at it said "just admiring your car man" then the girl said "you have a really nice car". It was a pretty cool feeling.

brchan 05-16-2006 05:17 PM

I get a few looks and compliments mostly at gas stations. Ocassionally restaurants. Not as many as when the new 'stangs were kinda rare, like cwall583 said.

Brchan

sowaxeman 05-16-2006 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: kcary

So far only compliment I've gotten was from a cop lol. Instead of asking for license or registration or anything, first words out of his mouth were, "This the new 06?" I knew it was smooth sailing from there :D
I got a compliment from a police officer too - after I gave him the sob story about the Saleen rims causing the speedo to be off by nearly 9%. He gave me a warning, told me slow down, then told me it looked very nice :)

puppet 05-16-2006 05:59 PM

mostly stares, plus shout outs from pedestrians. Usually "watch out" or "slow the **** down." Which is like "nice car," in that I have not been shot at. (that i know of)