Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aghh! damn, i have betrayed you all :( *updated pics*

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:16 PM
StevesGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Aghh! damn, i have betrayed you all :(

I traded my crystal gray metallic '05 STi for my '06 GT. The STi wasnt involving enough for me. I mean, you goose it part way around a corner and it just squirted. It was too drama free for me. I want to break the tires loose once in a while. It handled great, but to be honest, the Mustang impressed me so far how well it handles. Plus to get everything out of an all wheel drive car, you must do a 4500 rpm clutch dump to really exploit its performance. I did it a couple times, but it I was always thinking I was about to break an axle.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Those things are pretty quick. I had one that wanted to race me. It looked modded to me. He was side by side with me, taunting me. I had not had my stang too long and it was still stock. He rushed ahead of me with that pathetic excuse of an exhaust he had. So i was like, oh yeah....how's this sound. I rush ahead of him. There was a bit of traffic on this road so i had to do some dancing when i passed him. I guess he thought "it was on." Well, i kept going and he followed. He kept up with me to my surprise. Traffic was getting thicker so i slowed down and he passed me. Good thing i did because there was a cop up the road. We came to a stop light and he turned and gave me the thumbs up. It was all in good fun. Didn't expect that thing to be that quick though.

One day you'll see the light i'm sure!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:05 AM
BlackSVTsnake302
4th Gear Member

Thats a really nice car dude, how come the front and back rims are differnt? How much would you sell it for if you do??
Old 05-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Why are you suprised a STi kept up with you? That's 300 horses and a 6 speed bullet proof tranny, stock. First mod *should* be a catless downpipe and some sort of EM which should add something like 25 more horses, (maybe more depending on the EM/tune).

As far as exhuast, I *like* the "boxer rumble" which is a LOT different sounding than your basic Honda ricer type fart-can. A turbo'd horizontally opposed 2.0, (or 2.5 in the case of the STI and 06+ WRX) is apretty sweet engine...

I guess the point is that the WRX/STi is a performance car from the showroom floor, just like the Mustang, and is worthy of respect, even stock. You can feel good though, knowing even though he "kept up with you", his car cost 6+ grand more than yours. The STi is the SVT of the WRX world.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

its clean looking, just dont rice it out
Old 05-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

There's a couple of guys that have those in Summerville, South Carolina . One works for Showzone a performance shop and he is pulling 600 horses with mods... Wow thats a lot but it still doesn't resemble a muscle car and sure doesn't sound like one. They also don't have that ridiculous hood scoop and yes they do have the wing[&:]. Here's a link to see his Sti. http://www.theshowzone.com/Rides/STi/Colin%20STi.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/B8D447CF9D914F0898BE722378F970F2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

that spoiler on the car is HUGE!!!

I think Luke and Bo Duke could jump the General Lee through that bad boy!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan of any of the spoilers, stock or aftermarket, (you will notice I don't have one on mine).
Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I like the STi's, but I think that the different rim variation on the front and back looks horrid. Big [sm=smiley21.gif] to that IMO, that would honestly be the first thing I would fix.

Just my .02 cents.

-Jeff
Old 05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

well the scoop is functionable right? on my friend's wrx it feeds directally into the intercooler, i assume its the same for the sti's?

as for the spoiler...you gotta let them know you have the STI!

anyways, i would put money on one of those over our stangs in any sort of race

Quick Reply: Aghh! damn, i have betrayed you all :( *updated pics*