Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noisey Rice Cooker

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:31 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Default Noisey Rice Cooker

Just had the best laugh last night. Stopped at a light first in line when a Honda Civic (at least that's what it was before he added oversized tires, spinners, the wing off a 747 for a spoiler and i believe he duct taped a kazoo to his muffler to help the sound) pulled alongside. The light was still red and he was revving his engine (tight rubber band) to the red line, guess he wanted to try me, but I don't street race at all I know what my car can do and I don't have to prove it to anyone, I smiled and looked forward. I'm thinking to myself "Why does every other ricer or muscle car want to race whenever they see a Mustang?" My windows were down and to my great enjoyment I heard the crakle of a loudspeaker "Honda Civic....... are you having problems with your engine?" The look on this kids face was priceless when he looked in his rear view, and I must admit, I had to laugh out loud at that. The light turned green and I headed through the intersection, in my rear view mirror I caught the flashing lights of one of Fort Wayne's finest pulling over the Civic, more than likely for either the excessive noise level or perhaps an extremely low IQ. News Flash - prior to a challenge, check your mirrors.[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 05-20-2006, 07:39 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Noisey Rice Cooker

oh man...I think that could be a great ford commercial!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

That's funny!

Too bad it wasn't caught on video.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

That's hilarious! But you only scratched the surface of the "gotta race the Mustang" syndrome. Whenever I drive my '88, it's like everyone on the road has gone crazy. I've got soccer-moms in SUVs and young kids in bondo chevettes tailgating me and then blowing by me with attitude continuously. I tried to explain this to my wife and she thought I was imagining things, until I took her for a ride last weekend. Within a few miles she was cracking jokes. "Look, that guy is calling his friend to tell him he just kicked a Mustang's ***."
Old 05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

That's a great story! Very entertaining indeed! I have the same problem. Every idiot with a fart can and an ugly wing wants to race me. I just ignore them. They are not worth one single ounce of rubber or gas.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:05 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

With the other cars I own, when I take them out I run some of the people that I come across that want to go at it. But none of that "the fast and ****" BS, and running in populated areas with kids around or in traffic.

But with the mustang, so many damn people want to race, it is simpler just letting them go by most of the time.

I cant keep track of all the pss ants that would just love to race a mustang.

I think half of them just want to see the car go.

This week I have seen so many cops around here, I would swear they are breeding like mosquitos.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:27 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

[sm=owned.gif][sm=badidea.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=laughat.gif]
Gotta love the smileys
Old 05-21-2006, 04:50 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Retards.............They should give out common sense manuals when they sell you a ricer. Down here in Daytona there's an abundant of Ricers, and they always seem to be on the side of the road with flashing lights behind them. Maybe they can't read speed limit signs on the highest patrolled road in the town. Yes, I'm sure their girlfriends think it's really cool when they all get pulled over and arrested...oh wait did i say girlfriends.....lol[sm=joke.gif] (not really)
Old 05-21-2006, 05:21 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I got your noisy Rice Cooker right here.

05 GT + SLP Loudmouth

Otherwise...

OWNED

AAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA
Old 05-21-2006, 12:34 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BLACK06GT4ME

Just had the best laugh last night. Stopped at a light first in line when a Honda Civic (at least that's what it was before he added oversized tires, spinners, the wing off a 747 for a spoiler and i believe he duct taped a kazoo to his muffler to help the sound) pulled alongside. The light was still red and he was revving his engine (tight rubber band) to the red line, guess he wanted to try me, but I don't street race at all I know what my car can do and I don't have to prove it to anyone, I smiled and looked forward. I'm thinking to myself "Why does every other ricer or muscle car want to race whenever they see a Mustang?" My windows were down and to my great enjoyment I heard the crakle of a loudspeaker "Honda Civic....... are you having problems with your engine?" The look on this kids face was priceless when he looked in his rear view, and I must admit, I had to laugh out loud at that. The light turned green and I headed through the intersection, in my rear view mirror I caught the flashing lights of one of Fort Wayne's finest pulling over the Civic, more than likely for either the excessive noise level or perhaps an extremely low IQ. News Flash - prior to a challenge, check your mirrors.[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Yeah we have that stuff happen all the time in where I live in MS. In fact when all the ricers leave from street racing, everybody else has to because the noise there cars makes when they attempt to get on it attracts all the cops in the area. Our muscle cars are loud, but they aren't annoying lol.

Quick Reply: Noisey Rice Cooker