Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Woes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer Woes!!!

I've been waiting for 5 1/2 years and it hasn't happened yet. Sad thing is I'm a crew chief(Daddy) of a 2-seater fighter. F-16D
Old 05-26-2006, 04:55 AM
vponymike6
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

If the dealer cant duplicate the problem, how the hell do you expect him to fix it? magic wand? Diagnostic dice?
I would ask you to leave it for a few days and see if we can get it to do it, but,
If you came into my shop and got all pissy I would have showed you the door, or a breaker bar.
lol was that really necesary? i dont blame you man, i wouldnt take **** from some quarky mechanic eaither, he could have at least been nice about it
Old 05-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

LOL. Didn't see it earlier but the Diagnosic dice are funny has hell. I need some for my job. I swear they would be used everyday. But the techniciah shouldn't have given you the cold shoulder. They should at least attempt to find a fix. It could be something really simple. Download a code, something.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:34 PM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Just got an update....

they called and said that they got it to smoke and they also said that they have two others there doing the same thing, so that's good!
The smoking that I'm talking about is not a puff here and there, it's literaly three or four seconds of pure blue, grey, and black smoke that smells like fuel. It's done it so many times that it's burned a 1/2 quart of oil.

They told me that there is nothing that they can do. They said that they called Ford and Ford said to leave it alone and collect the VINs of the cars doing it and wait untill they get back with them. So, now I wait..... 28 more days untill the Lemon Law says I don't have to wait any longer.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Dont they get 3 tries to fix it before you can go with the lemon law? Each state is different tho I think, thats why I ask.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:43 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

The dealer in Vista Calif. sucks big time when it comes to service. They've had my car twice for a whining rear end and refuse to do anything about it. I got the same "I didn't hear it, so I'm not going to do anything about it." from the service manager. He was too busy to ride with me when I brought in the second time, so he sent a tech in his place. The tech said, "Yeah, you have a problem all right.", but the service manager said, "since you put after market wheels on your car (17" chrome bullits), it will void the warranty on the rear end." I finally got fed up and just left with the car.

The third time I took the car in was for a dead battery. They replaced the battery and made a big show of giving the car a 21 point inspection and putting air in the tires. The next day, when I went to get in the car, I noticed one of the chrome valve stem caps was gone and another was barely attached to the valve stem. I told the dealer about it and was told, "no problem, we'll replace it immediately." That was the last I've heard from them.

I have also noticed that they don't send a "are you satisfied" form if you complain about the service on the phone.

Steve
Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

It's four times in the shop for the same problem or 30 days in the shop within one year of ownership. The lemon law can only be practiced if the car is bought new and with the original owner. That is the Tn Lemon law.
ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Dont they get 3 tries to fix it before you can go with the lemon law? Each state is different tho I think, thats why I ask.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM
BKTO69

If you are using ROYAL PURPLE Synthetic Oil....DRAIN IT ASAP and replace with Stock Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20W. I had same problem on cold starts with smoke. I mentioned it the Jim Sr. at teamjdm.com (probably the most reputable S197 Mustang shop on the East cost) who said RP is NO GOOD for the 3V 4.6 motors. It is TOO THIN and gets past the valve seals into combustion chamber, resulting in smoking condition on cold starts and decelleration. He said after 1000 miles to drain again to make sure all ROYAL PURPLE has been flushed and continue to use Motorcraft syn blend. He has a barrel of RP in shop that's collecting dust. He had same problem in his 05 GT race car and he tells all his customers not to use RP. Followed his instructions and NO MORE SMOKING. I was so happy to have discussed this with him and not the dealer, which probably would have caused some serious headaches. Anyone using RP should look for smoke on cold starts. I bet many people can benefit from this info. Just go to teamjdm and contact Jim Sr.and ask for yourself.