Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disadvantages of a clean car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Disadvantages of a clean car

Haha, ur all crazy!

I love it, everyones just like me!!
Tungsten is not as bad as the other darker ones, but when you're eye level with the paint the dust is sure there.

Its also the time of year here, the cotton wood is floating in the air like snow. sticks to any detailed black trim on the car especially.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17179/F9F1992962314A228719B9A82C303754.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Maineiac
1st Gear Member

Even though my 05 is white, I can't stand seeing a speck of dust, tar or bug juice on it. I wish it would shine like black Mustangs when clean because I bet I would have the shiniest car on the forums. Anyways, I use Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover. It breaks down bug guts and removes tar very well.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:54 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

what is "clay bar"
Old 05-27-2006, 01:14 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Check out this link. It explains the clay process well.
Greg

Sorry forgot the link.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11153
Old 05-27-2006, 04:57 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

1+ with professor wizard. i do the same thing. the duster is great. and i do enjoy the detail work wash wax tires, rims.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:55 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm guilty as charged.

Same as PW and the rest. Every morning, I use a duster on the car. Wash all the windows. My car is Screaming Yellow so you really cant see the dust on the car............well if you look at it ......just right, tilting your head a little to the left or right while bending a little at the knees you can see some dust on the hood.

Drives me nutz.

My wife catches me sometimes doing the morning gig. She just stands at the doorway shaking her head, says I've got a mental problem. Guess I do.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:25 AM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

GT John: You don't have a mental problem....you have a METAL problem...... it's called a Mustang.

Enjoy your "condition"
Old 05-28-2006, 12:45 AM
phrkshw
2nd Gear Member

lol, i think i have it the worst out of you guys, i live in FL and as of this morning around 9am its lLOVE BUG SEASON!!!! If you dont know what that means consider yourself one of the luckiest car owners alive! I spent all morning 3 feet off someone elses bumper so that they would kill all the bugs and id only get the few that they missed. Porbably pissed a lot of people off, but alls fair in trying to keep my black vert bug free! worst part, love bug guts actually eat your paint away and will permantly pit your paint if you dont clean them off FAST! So i just spent an hour in my GF's driveway with the hose, a sponge, and some bug remover.

getting it detailed tomorrow before i go back out on the highway and get it all bugged up again. Im probably going to wash it about 5 times this week :P

im glad im not the only one obsessed with keeping the car clean, my girlfriend thinks im nuts, but she will admit how nice it looks when its really detailed.

Oh, and to help with water spots, i got my compressor out and have started blasting all the creases and handles so there isnt any hidden h20.

Stay Clean!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:02 AM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

Sorry I messed up
Old 05-28-2006, 03:03 AM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Topless05PonyGT

+1 And I'll go you one better...Yesterday, around dusk, I had just finished washing and was almost finished drying mine and I heard a soft thud and a bird chirp and I looked at my shiny clean hood and there was the biggest splat of bird crap I had ever seen in my life....Had to wash the hood and re-dry the whole car....I think I'm gonna cut down all the trees at my place!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/35387/018C2AF7035849E6BB19FDD7B3F9747D.jpg[/IMG]
Shoot the bird, its cheaper

Quick Reply: Disadvantages of a clean car