Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING: DO NOT USE MUSTANGTUNING.COM!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:45 PM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WARNING: DO NOT USE MUSTANGTUNING.COM!!

Ok, lets back up a little bit here...

I wasnt the one who handled this call, but there is DEFINATELY an issue going on here that DEFINATELY needs to be resolved.

If you can, get me your order number so I can see what your order is and read the notes. A PM would do, or you can e-mail me at chrisc@mustangtuning.com.

The lug nuts are definately an issue that we need to take care of. Why someone told you that you are **** out of luck on those lug nuts is competely wrong and they are going to have a nice talking to. It looks like the manufacturer made a misbox on those lugs (they come in boxes of 50+ at a time, so the possibility of a wrong size is strong), and therefore you definately deserve to at least get the correct set of lug nuts. I mean christ, its a set of lug nuts. I would think at LEAST we could get you the correction on those. That type of stuff DOES irk me.

As far as the rims and tires go, who did you speak with before you made that purchase? On those rims that is the correct tire size, for an 18x9 and 18x10 94-04 Mustang. The lower profile is to fit those in the wheel well. With that said, whoever gave you those tire sizes for your car either did not ask what year car you had, or assumed you had a 94-04 car. Even though this is a recomendation, it is the incorrect recomendation for your car. Therefore, I am going to apply a 10% flat discount on your entire order for this whole ordeal, as well as get you the correct lugs and pull the incorrect ones back to us, as that just really ticks me off as to why someone wouldnt get you at least the right set of lug nuts. Like I said before, I am QUITE baffled on this.

Now as to some other quotes that I have seen:

same here i bought a set of deep dish one was damanged called then 2 days later at they would not do anything about it screw them ill spend twice as much somewhere else 4 better customer service
Do you have your order number? This sounds like something is amiss here, as if a rim is damaged we either file a UPS claim if it is shipping damage, or we send it to the manufacturer for replacement if it is a defective rim. PM either your order number or your name to me, or send it to me via e-mail: chrisc@mustangtuning.com. I would like to see the full notes on the order before I make any call on what is going on.

Customer NON-service. This attitude is typical of businesses who hire punks to answer phones. I found them to be slow, unfriendly, and unapologetic. When I ordered my wheels and the center caps were different on the front wheels than the back wheels. I called to inquire as to why the change and how this could be rectified. I was treated like I was trying to steal from them. There's plenty of other places to buy the same stuff.
Also, what is your order number/last name? With centercaps it can be a bit of an issue these days, as the Cobra centercaps have ceased production from my manufacturer, and we dont have a stocking supply on hand. Why someone would act as if you are trying to steal them from us makes no sense though. I would be more than happy to get you a correct set. Stuff like this as well baffles me.

My only complaint I had with Mustang Tunning is that I had paid $400 extra to have the rims 3day expressed shipped, the rims were not even shipped until 4 days after the order and didn't get to me until 8 days after the order was placed. I called them at least 5 times trying to get a tracking number but no one could give me any info. IMO I will not be doing business with them again.
As with all companies who are mail order, the number of orders we can fill is based upon stock on hand. Even if you paid 3-day select for an order, if I dont have the stock, I cant ship them out. UPS 3-Day Select only refers to the time in transit from when your items leave our warehouse to when the items arrive at your door (3 business days). It does not mean that your order will be to your house after you place it in three days.

What is your last name/order number as well? Normally we send Out of Stock e-mails to all customers in case something in their order is not in our warehouse. The same thing goes for us holding your order if there is a credit card billing information issue. If your billing information does not match up with the billing information your credit card company has on file, we hold your order until we can get the correct billing information. We also send out an e-mail letting you know that there is an issue with your order.

In closing, I did not come upon this thread until I had a MustangForums member PM me about it. Had I seen it sooner, I would have acted much faster in getting this resolved. With all parties that I have referenced here please shoot me a PM or an e-mail, or even give me a call. My number is:

610-251-2397 x305

I like I said, I would be MORE than happy to assist you in getting the correct lug nuts, as well as give you some money back (which looks to be about $160 if not more) in order to make up for our poor performance with your order. I will also be having a talk with my staff about this. No customer deserves to be talked to over their head. We are on the same level playing field with you, never above you.

My sincerest apologies.

Chris Chamblee
MustangTuning.com Customer Support
Old 06-02-2006, 04:07 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Thanks for replying and your attention to this Chris. As in any business transaction it's best to ALWAYS get the persons name that you are dealing with on the phone and if there is a problem you can refer to them. Also, asking to speak to someone else, including a manager or supervisor often gets you different results.

That being said, you definitely have a customer service problem with some of your employess there. I know how hard it is to get good help in this world and it can be frustrating. I plan on purchasing my wheels from you in the future, but stuff like this makes me cross my fingers in hope of no problems.

There are vendors on this forum who one can order from without the slightest hesitation. Their reputaion for quality and service precedes them. I hope, through your efforts you can make Mustang Tuning.com one of them. I think this is a good start and good luck to you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/B2D4D300AEBA41B2B3A1F3A2755B8D1E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-02-2006, 05:12 PM
06GT

Chris from MustangTuning.com called me this afternoon and was extremely kind and apologetic about what took place.

He offered to take the tires back, even though he didn't have to, and I appreciate that immensely.
However, I did not take him up on that, mainly since I gave the tires to the guy who aqcuired and installed the Nittos for me.
He was so friggin careful and took probably an hour longer to do the work than he quoted, so I didn't mind.
I already have a stack of oem wheels in my shed higher than my head lol, so I didn't need more rubber hanging around anyway.

Nevertheless, Mustang Tuning.com gave me a 10% refund and I got an email confirmation that they sent out new lug nuts.

After talking with Chris (the MT.com owner) I am convinced that they will take steps to keep this from happening in the future, so I accept his apology completely, and I'm satisfied with the results.
As I said before- they ARE impressive wheels, and I'm glad to have them.

So now I apologize to Chris for the tone of the first post in this thread, though I am still very glad this forum is here to support me and you when something like this happens.

I have contacted the Webmaster and requested that the title of this thread be changed to
"UPDATED: MustangTuning.com resolves issue"
Old 06-02-2006, 05:28 PM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Thanks for replying and your attention to this Chris. As in any business transaction it's best to ALWAYS get the persons name that you are dealing with on the phone and if there is a problem you can refer to them. Also, asking to speak to someone else, including a manager or supervisor often gets you different results.

That being said, you definitely have a customer service problem with some of your employess there. I know how hard it is to get good help in this world and it can be frustrating. I plan on purchasing my wheels from you in the future, but stuff like this makes me cross my fingers in hope of no problems.

There are vendors on this forum who one can order from without the slightest hesitation. Their reputaion for quality and service precedes them. I hope, through your efforts you can make Mustang Tuning.com one of them. I think this is a good start and good luck to you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/B2D4D300AEBA41B2B3A1F3A2755B8D1E.jpg[/IMG]
The person who the original order took place with I have already spoken with. There will be some changes taking place in the VERY near future .
Old 06-02-2006, 07:19 PM
06GT

I should probably add, that for anybody here who might have become reluctant to order from MustangTuning.com- whatever issue they had is likely over.
The last thing they want now is a repeat of this thread (!) so I seriously doubt that anybody on this forum will have any further issues-

Even bad press can become good press when the company steps forward and says they recognize a problem and promise to fix it.

(and Chris, FWIW, please don't fire the guy if that was on your mind, we've all suffered some here, off service or not, I don't wish him ill, FWIW.)
Old 06-02-2006, 07:32 PM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

2 Thumbs up tp Chris at Mustang Tuning, I think you handled that excellent... I've ordered alot of stuff from Mustang Tuning before, when I had my 00GT, and I will definelty continue to do business with you(Try to get some more FoxBody parts)... Sorry to hear about some of your problems with shipping/employees, it's hard to find good help these days... Good luck in the future
Old 06-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

honestly, getting tires and wheels mounted and balanced over the freakin internet. come on, honestly. thats why ordering certain things face to face is still a good thing to do. thats customer service. there's no such thing as customer service over a phone, as they can be saying "f-you" with an expression and kissin yer **** as they talk. secondly, are they really the WRONG size tires, or do you just not like them? seems like you took a recommendation from a WEBSITE, didnt see them, coulda checked the specs and seen they were smaller, but did nothing to avoid this potential problem. again, internet ordering gone wrong. thirdly, have ya tried putting the lug nuts on? obviously they dont fit, or you'd put them all on, but buying a SET if in fact it was a set, and trying just one, you could have cut the threads, hence destroying a SET. they arent the packagers, so it does no good to send a buncha lug nuts back minus one thats no longer usuable cause ya screwed it up. sure, most of these replies are theoretical, but honestly, if yad had so much luck with tirerack, what made you want to go to some new place youd never been? just seems like poor planning. not trying to be a dick, but i like mustangtuning. they're quick when i order from them, and they've been on the less expensive side on almost all my parts.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
06GT

ORIGINAL: Andys06GT
honestly, ... have ya tried putting the lug nuts on? obviously they dont fit, or you'd put them all on, but buying a SET if in fact it was a set, and trying just one, you could have cut the threads, hence destroying a SET. they arent the packagers, so it does no good to send a buncha lug nuts back minus one thats no longer usuable cause ya screwed it up....
Actually Andy, I just held them each up to my forehead like The Great Carnac would.

IMPERIAL..... IMPERIAL......METRIC!...... [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
Old 06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
HRnB
Administrator

I'm happy to say that this issue has been resolved. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
DENVER05GT

I had a crappy experience with MustangTuning as well. It was never resolved through them. They actually wanted to commit insurance fraud and have UPS pay for a problem. I had to deal with my credit card company to receive a refund. Which I did.

What I find remarkable is how "Chris" the owner came out of nowhere to fix some of these problems. I mean where was the customer service when all of these other things were going down? Why does it take people to come on the boards and start flaming them before they realize they are not providing service the way any NORMAL business does. I'll tell you why, because they know if they get flamed bad enough here it will cost them thousands of dollars. Funny how when you start messing with someones pocket book they suddenly want to kiss your ***.

Did you guys also know that they now have a policy (for a selected few of us apparantly) that before you can have your item shipped to you you must sign and return a copy of thier return policy? That is so ridiculous.

Why would they need this policy? I'll tell you why, BECAUSE THEY GET ALOT OF COMPLAINTS AND THEN **** PEOPLE OVER. I was one of them and I know all about it.

I TOLD MUSTANG TUNING WITHOUT HESITATION I WOULD LET PEOPLE KNOW HOW I FELT ABOUT THEM AND THIS SEEMED LIKE A PREETY GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO ME