Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have these?

Old 05-28-2006, 08:47 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Default Does anyone have these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFS-0...QQcmdZViewItem
I'm considering these for my 06 Redfire GT. What do you think?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:27 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone have these?

Personally, I'm not a fan of the "Bullit" style wheels in general. However, that's just personal preferance.

If the photos on that listing are anything to go by, the chrome finish looks good. If you like 'em, then go for it.

As a side note, I've never heard of that brand of tire. You might want to read up on some reviews first.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:40 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the tire, but they are dead on about the hunter balancer. It is the standard for off road tires that have a very high road force variation, I can only imagine what a well designed high performance tire would feel like after being balanced on one. I personally like the chrome bullets and think they would look great on a Redfire stang.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:24 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

I don't plan to lower my car or anything. Will the size look okay? I'd prefer to fill at least as much of the fender well as my stock 17s do.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:35 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I punched the specs of those tires into a tire size calculator, and it's telling me that the diameter is expected to be right at 27". That is a tiny bit (0.1") smaller than the stock tires. In fact, I don't think you'd even notice. They should look the same diameter as stock.

By the way, if you don't like those tires, you can always buy a set of identical wheels from someplace like mustangtuning.com and then get whatever tires you like. 255/45-18 is a common size. You can get that in all the popular performance tires such as the BFG KDW-2, Nitto 555, Goodyear Eagles, etc...

Search this Thread