Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby seat in 06 Mustang

Old 08-10-2007, 09:01 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Baby seat in 06 Mustang

I just bought my dream car so of course my husband and I decided we want to have kids now (not exactly a good "mommy mobile")
Does anyone here have small children? I am wondering how a baby seat will fit/work in the small backseat I have (b/c I am NOT getting rid of my stang!). Just curious as to how much of a pain it will be.

thanks!
Hi,
We take the suv 95% of the time but when I want to make a short run to the grocery store or to snag a movie or lunch I sometimes bring my 4 year old in the stang. Yes she is in a car seat and it fits fine, it is snug because of the shape of the rear seats but thats the way I would want it. I do place a towel on the seat to prevent any marks from getting on the tanish leather from the bottom of the seat. No problems.

I don't take our smallest out in the stang very much because its just easier in the SUV and also quicker to load and unload. I also think the Stang is a little to loud for her over a long trip with baby ears and all ha ha. She does notice the sound the Stang makes because she smiles every time a rev the engine while out of gear.
'do it again". My fave queston to her is 'what kinda sound does daddy's car make" annswer>>>>> "varroom, varromm"!

You should be fine.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 PM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

Since my boys car seats are going to be pretty much permanently installed in the back seats, I'm going to cut a piece of wood to fit the shape of the seat inback to place under the car seats. I've seen some others who've done that and they say it makes the seats sit flatter and more stable when snugged down. Plus it'll keep the seat from getting creased. For anyone who's done this, can you give me any details on the best shape to cut the wood?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: JasonwantsaGT

Are you serious?

ORIGINAL: 157db

Kids and Mustangs.
I have seen it all now.
I know it has anchors
for kids seats but thought
I would never see a kid
seat in a 05-08 Stang.
Had to print that pic for
a gag at parties.
TOTALLY SERIOUS.
Best gag pic I have seen this year on the net.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:46 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: BlackSpirit

I am sure I will be flamed for agreeing with you on this; definitely nor a family car by any means, this picts going on my-space, (lol). I have two other cars the family can drive around in, and I already regret what the kids did to those cars; suckers stuck to head rest, animal crackers in the folds of the seats, some sticky crap I have no idea what it is onthe head liner. I have no clue how they do this stuff, but it just happens, so I just avoidit happening at all cost.Just wait until those infants spill milk and it turns sour stinking up the whole car, my wife had that happen to her when we had our first child, good stuff! I am just too **** about my car, and have only had my kids in it two times, all of which were short trips. If you don’t have the means to get a family car and can’t bear to separate from you baby or car best of luck keeping it clean, and make sure there is something that wont crease your seats from the baby seat frame, my buddies Mercedes seat is permanently creased.

ORIGINAL: 157db

Kids and Mustangs.
I have seen it all now.
I know it has anchors
for kids seats but thought
I would never see a kid
seat in a 05-08 Stang.
Had to print that pic for
a gag at parties.
+1 on the suckers and animal crackers mod.
This is one mod I will stay away from.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 AM
firestang75

I've heard/seen that a well cut noodle (pool float) works well to even the seat out.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 AM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firestang75

I've heard/seen that a well cut noodle (pool float) works well to even the seat out.
Hmm, while it might level the seat, it also might leave some wierd long term indentations in the seat.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wildcat13

I just bought my dream car so of course my husband and I decided we want to have kids now (not exactly a good "mommy mobile")
Does anyone here have small children? I am wondering how a baby seat will fit/work in the small backseat I have (b/c I am NOT getting rid of my stang!). Just curious as to how much of a pain it will be.

thanks!
adopt a child that can sit up front. [8D]I can just see crackers and crumbs in the seat cushions now...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:28 AM
CPST_Freak

I found this forum through a link, and hope you guys don't mind my responding to this old thread.

I am a CPST (Child Passenger Safety Technician)...in other words, I'm trained in proper child restraint usage, and I can not tell you how completely UNSAFE this practice is. There isn't a middle seat. You can NOT rig it to fit your seat. You are making your child a crash test dummy in the event of an accident. And as for putting things between the restraint and the seat in order to protect your leather....let me ask you this....what is more important? The leather? Or your child? Because putting pillows/blankets etc under the restraint is a HUGE factor in the restraint not being properly installed. And in order for the restraint to do it's job, it needs to be properly restrained.

Also, as for PD/FD....I've seen FAR too many who don't have a clue how to properly install a restraint and wouldn't trust them to secure my dog safely, let along my child. The best thing you can do for your kids...get out the manual to your carseat and to your car....and READ IT. Follow the instructions...they are there for a reason.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EskimoPie

ORIGINAL: misterjim

I guess I couldn't disagree more. We have a 4 year old and 3 cars: a new BMW 3-series, a subaru outback, and a MR2 turbo (purchased new by me in 1991 driven only in good summer weather). My daughter rides in all 3 cars but we are very careful in the BMW and MR2 - both are absolutely pristine and I am very, very ****. She can do what she wants in the Subie. I autox the MR2 and have done several driving schools on Watkins Glen.

My daughters favorite car - the MR2 of course with the T-tops off and child seat in. I pick her up at daycare in it and summer camp. It's alot of fun to pull up behind the myriad of SUVs and mini-vans! The main reason I am consideringa Mustang GT convertible (otherwise I'd probably get a 2-seat roadster) - manual tranny only please! is because it is a good "family car" by my standards and I would really like to be able to drive my daughter and wife in a convertible with the top down.

So please, give me a break!
My sentiments exactly... I'm expecting the vert GT (still on order) to be a great family car and will be the source of many fond memories cruising with the family in the cool evening air with the top down. One of the main reasons I got the vert was for the ease of back seat entry for the kids, just drop them in! With two little boys (1 &2) I'm eager to share the joys of muscle car ownership with them. And if some Cheerios or french fries end up on the floor in the back I'm not going to freak out, it's just a car and the important part is enjoying it and sharing it with my family! I feel sorry for BlackSpirits kids if that's the attitude he has towards them. I suppose the handle is appropriate.

Couldn't agree with you more. My son loved our 67 Coupe and now has his sights set on our GT for when he has a family.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:37 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CPST_Freak

I found this forum through a link, and hope you guys don't mind my responding to this old thread.

I am a CPST (Child Passenger Safety Technician)...in other words, I'm trained in proper child restraint usage, and I can not tell you how completely UNSAFE this practice is. There isn't a middle seat. You can NOT rig it to fit your seat. You are making your child a crash test dummy in the event of an accident. And as for putting things between the restraint and the seat in order to protect your leather....let me ask you this....what is more important? The leather? Or your child? Because putting pillows/blankets etc under the restraint is a HUGE factor in the restraint not being properly installed. And in order for the restraint to do it's job, it needs to be properly restrained.

Also, as for PD/FD....I've seen FAR too many who don't have a clue how to properly install a restraint and wouldn't trust them to secure my dog safely, let along my child. The best thing you can do for your kids...get out the manual to your carseat and to your car....and READ IT. Follow the instructions...they are there for a reason.

Sound advise but are you saying a child proper restrained in the back seat is an unsafe practise in our Mustangs? With a small quarter window and air bags, I feel a child would be in a cocoon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Baby seat in 06 Mustang