Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 3400 Mile Road Trip in a New Black GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My 3400 Mile Road Trip in a New Black GT

Awsome car man! That is THE best way to get aquainted to your stang.

I assume that since your moving out by Cali, you will be working at EALA? Are you a up and coming dev? BTW. If your new to EA, be aware of their mind games, and listen to the community, if you happen to see a guy named Aaron Kaufman, ask him, hes facing the brunt of the Command and Conquer Community since they are failing to produce a decent looking C&C 3: Tiberium Wars. I would know since I'm one of the people constantly railing on him to do a better job... and he's just a community manager!

BTW, I'm 16 so thats the reasoning for my healthy obsession with a great gaming series lol.

Cheers on your new car too mate! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
OdiousBarbarian
1st Gear Member

I am not at EALA, but EARS (Electronic Arts Redwood Shores). It is just ~20 min south of San Francisco. I am interning here for the 4th time as a Writer/Designer on a game that I cannot mention thanks to Confidentiality Agreements. I have a job offer for here once I graduate from NYU which is great.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:23 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

That OHIO pic,..... was it taken at Salt Fork on St Rt 22 ?
Old 06-02-2006, 02:53 PM
OdiousBarbarian
1st Gear Member

i dont know if it was Salt Fork, but i am pretty sure we were on Rt 22 at the time
Old 06-02-2006, 02:57 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Well, if you were on SR22, that was Salt Fork.
Wish I'd known you were that close, Ida bought you a beer
GOOD LUCK on the Left Coast
Old 06-02-2006, 04:08 PM
OdiousBarbarian
1st Gear Member

well, too bad i was only in Ohio for 15 minutes . i zoomed right through it
Old 10-27-2006, 05:11 PM
05StangChic

Hi All...I've enjoyed reading your 'Stang stories. I'm new here....we bought our first Mustang in Feb 05 when the new 05's came out. I was never a car enthusiast really until NOW!! I mean, I've always loved the classics as a kid but never thought I'd EVER actually own one. When the 2005s came out I just told my husband "this is my car"....he said "ok, but you've gotta get the GT" (by the way O'Barbarian, your 'Stang is the exact one my husband wanted but I wanted silver...I mean, it's my care n'all!!) We did the same "breaking in the 'Stang": started in Kansas final destination: my home town in California. Dead of summer, two kids...we had a ball. That was the first year of the new Mustangs and boy we got some looks!! A couple of times, after returning from inside a store or restaurant, there would be a circle of people around the car!! We'd just smile and get in....loving the sound of the engine as we started up.

For anybody that can give me some advice: what are the best tires for "winterizing" I'd like to keep driving the Mustang in the winter but have no idea on how to best do this. We have some snow and ice here, no traction whatsoever...I normally have to park it on those harsh winter days.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:00 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

i'd try the search function, someone posted something about winter tires recently.

also i'd check out tirerack.com and see what fits and the user ratings.

ORIGINAL: 05StangChic

Hi All...I've enjoyed reading your 'Stang stories. I'm new here....we bought our first Mustang in Feb 05 when the new 05's came out. I was never a car enthusiast really until NOW!! I mean, I've always loved the classics as a kid but never thought I'd EVER actually own one. When the 2005s came out I just told my husband "this is my car"....he said "ok, but you've gotta get the GT" (by the way O'Barbarian, your 'Stang is the exact one my husband wanted but I wanted silver...I mean, it's my care n'all!!) We did the same "breaking in the 'Stang": started in Kansas final destination: my home town in California. Dead of summer, two kids...we had a ball. That was the first year of the new Mustangs and boy we got some looks!! A couple of times, after returning from inside a store or restaurant, there would be a circle of people around the car!! We'd just smile and get in....loving the sound of the engine as we started up.

For anybody that can give me some advice: what are the best tires for "winterizing" I'd like to keep driving the Mustang in the winter but have no idea on how to best do this. We have some snow and ice here, no traction whatsoever...I normally have to park it on those harsh winter days.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:14 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Great summary of your road trip...love the pics...[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 10-27-2006, 09:16 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

Very cool pix and what a great experience it must have been in your new Mustang. Thanks for sharing!

While I was in school, I drove my '89 LX 5.0 across country between Los Angeles and Maryland three times during summer breaks. I decided to make the last run all by myself, which might have been even more fun than driving with my buddies. Sadly, I have to sell my LX after owning her for 16 years (she's listed in the classified posts, btw). But I've got enough memories (and thankfully, pictures too) of driving her all around the country to last me a lifetime. Just thinking of those trips makes me want to hold onto her for just a few more years...

[IMG]local://upfiles/48869/332D661A02FE4D46A6EB665056EA4D6A.jpg[/IMG]