Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best color combinations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:11 AM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best color combinations?

I'm a vista blue fan and if you want to go stripes I think white looks the best. I agree with the post above, I like the look, but not necessarily on my car. If you go the stripes route painting them on looks far classier/better.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
davidb123456

Thanks for your thoughts everyone...keep them coming!

I think I'm tending towards black - it's authentically Mustang and is pretty discrete and classy. To be honest I've never seen a current generation Mustang in real life in the UK, but in pictures I haven't seen a bad colour for it. There's just levels of awesomeness. Yellow is high up there too, but maybe it's a little too bold for me...my brother swears I should get yellow. So, as of today, it'll be black. Tomorrow, who knows? When I come to buying it in July, it's anyone's guess!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

You've surely watched the couple of segments it's been in on Top Gear? The first where they took it out on the road and then the BS in the latest episode where they raced it against the Elise?

Great show though, I am just about through season 1 (I have 6 more to go).
Old 05-30-2006, 03:14 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

I am biased but Vista Blue. Everyone comments on the color. pics never do it justice. In the light the metal flake just explodes!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

I voted for Blue and white

I also think blue w/ black looks good for a more subtle look than white.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
davidb123456

ORIGINAL: Cowtown

You've surely watched the couple of segments it's been in on Top Gear? The first where they took it out on the road and then the BS in the latest episode where they raced it against the Elise?

Great show though, I am just about through season 1 (I have 6 more to go).

Haha. I saw the latest one racing the silly little thing, and that was ridiculous you're right. I have genuinely seen 5 year olds riding around in bigger, more impressive go-karts than that thing, and there is more character in a bowl of cereal. Only on Top Gear do you compare those two cars and reach that conclusion. But I do love that program - some of the features and the photography are absolute superb.

The yellow GT did look awesome.

The first picture I saw of the current Mustang was actually in the Sunday Times where Jeremy Clarkson, from Top Gear, road-tested it and basically panned it. But I knew then that was the car I would have to own, and thanks to the generous scholarship system from the University of Arizona, that's exactly what I'll be doing very soon!

Old 05-30-2006, 03:55 PM
davidb123456

ORIGINAL: skm52670

I voted for Blue and white

I also think blue w/ black looks good for a more subtle look than white.
Well I do love the look of your car, and that's exactly how I originally envisaged my future dream Mustang to look. Plain black without stripes gives a completely different image though and I'm not sure which image I prefer. But I do think your car is beautiful. To be honest, no-one who replied and no-one's car on this thread is anything other than great but yours does have a certain extra something - it just somehow looks like the ultimate authentic how-it-should-be car.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:10 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I'm thinking of putting black stripes on my Vista blue. With the black Vert it's about the only way to go. I probably won't do the stripes though. I'm like a few others that I really like them on other Mustangs.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Soot and silver please.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

I'm thinking of putting black stripes on my Vista blue.
That's what I've been thinking, but haven't seen a single picture of one like that anywhere. The Mustang stripe painter or whatever it's called doesn't really show it well. I would love to see a Vista Blue car with black stripes.

Quick Reply: Best color combinations?