Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:45 PM
ogmaster

Default RE: For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

I'm goin down the interstate cruise set,... in rt hand lane, someone is passing at 1-2 MPH faster, they run damn near "door handle to door handle", until I have to brake to avoid hitting the car / truck in front of me. If they want to pass, pass dammit !

Similar situation, cruise set, someone passes, pulls in front slows down, I pass, then they pass, I pass, then they pass. Odd thing is, I haven't changed my cruise setting. But, these idiots run anywhere from 65-80 without a friggin clue !

F***ing trucks that think they own the road. It's OK when they go 54MPH uphill in the fast lane, but, Heaven help you if you're going downhill @ 72, and they want thru.

F***king trucks that turn rest areas into truck stops.

F***king trucks that whip into the fast lane to allow another truck to merge, when they have all the room in the world.

For the most part f***ing trucks PERIOD.
I don't think this has been mentioned. Choking down to 1 lane for construction, whatever, there is ample time to move over, I'm in line, and these c***suckers go flyin' by, and then force themselves in front of me at the final cutoff spot. They are driving POS and know I won't hit hit em and screw up my ride, but, I do make em work for it.

I have to say LEJAY, you've hit on my two biggest pet peeves. Being here in South Texas, almost every other person has a truck. Personally, I think the F150s are just great trucks for the price. Yet you'd think that the people with these trucks were driving in a freaking corvette weaving in and out of traffic. It's like they dont realize that they got a big truck and they're cutting it real close when they go in and out of traffic.

Also, the choking down to lone lane thing reach a new high of annoyance with me a few months back. On the highway, traffic was at a standstill and people in the right lane were heading for the nearest exit also causing a standstill for the exit. Well I went for the exit and waited as traffic on the exit ramp slowly moved along. Then in my rearview, I see a car just coming down on the shoulder of the freakin exit ramp. I just couldnt believe it because this is not some simple mistake of forgetting that a lane is closed, this is some jerk who thinks they deserved to get in front of everyone and doing it in such a manner that it was obvious that he couldnt give a damn about what anyone else thought. Then of course, the jerk had his followers and all the sudden, this single lane exit ramp became a jammed up two lane exit ramp. And with those jerks, I also cant stand the people that decide to just let them into the lane. By them being in the shoulder, they have no rights to get into your lane and if they hit you, they're the ones at fault in every way. But no, of course, people are scared and let people that were jerks go right in front of them so they can live their lives as the door mats they are, having people walk all over them.

Finally, a pet peeve that is again, an annoyance of people thinking "they're more important than everyone else and how everyone else should stop for them", the jerks that are in their cars talking to other people in their cars. Now first off, with the popularity of cell phones, why people do this is beyond me. Secondly, if you're in the middle of nowhere or in an empty street/parking lot, hey go ahead and talk it up. But if you're in a parking lot, with cars behind you and you see someone coming the opposite way, dont stop and sit there to talk to them. This happened a lot where I used to work because there would be family of Mexicans who came to buy stuff and they were in multiple cars, so when they passed each other, they would talk to each other about what to do next, while I'm behind them trying to pass them to get to work. Also, when this happens at stoplights, it's like asking for someone to punch them in the face. Just another way of people showing how important they are by making you wait.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:36 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

I HATE THE TOLL ROAD!!!!!!! Whenever you come up to the toll booth and there are signs like 3 miles back telling you what lane serves what purpose and the douche bags that dont have ez tags that are trying to force there way over at the last minute to the far right for exact change or a full service lane. I just want to work at a toll booth so when one of these idiots comes through
Old 05-31-2006, 04:38 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ogmaster

Then in my rearview, I see a car just coming down on the shoulder of the freakin exit ramp. I just couldnt believe it because this is not some simple mistake of forgetting that a lane is closed, this is some jerk who thinks they deserved to get in front of everyone and doing it in such a manner that it was obvious that he couldnt give a damn about what anyone else thought. Then of course, the jerk had his followers and all the sudden, this single lane exit ramp became a jammed up two lane exit ramp.
Yeah man that happened to me the other day on i-95 or something so I plugged that lane up! So there's this guy behind me who is now stuck in the shoulder because no one else will let him in and I wont let him go any further. Better yet, I see a cop coming up the shoulder (must have been an accident ahead) and I get back over but we're in complete GRIDLOCK so the a-hole's got nowhere to go. The cop gets right up behind him and he's shining the spotlight, honking the horn, blasting the siren, and people in other cars are all pointing and laughing. He finally got over, after what felt like an eternity but he looked like a total dick. It ruled.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:40 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

People that do not pull to the right and stop when I'm responding to a call in my 20 ton fire engine that does not steer,brake or accelerate very well. Some stop in the middle of the road, some pull to the left and, its a given they will stop at the top of the hill or the middle of the curve so I have to zig zag thru traffic or make a blind pass on that hill or curve! Whew! I feel better. Please folks be careful with the emergency vehicles! It may be one of your loved ones we are going to help! Thanks for the time to rant.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

People who don't stop before making a right on red.

People who don't stop at stop signs.

People who drive 10 under the speed limit, but then accelerate through the yellow-going-to-red traffic light, making you even later b/c you were losing time stuck behind them and now you have to stop for the light.

People who don't know how a 4-way stop intersection works, i.e. it's always their turn to go.

People with Ohio plates; give them a wide bearth, and assume they are going to chose the dumbest option at every opportunity.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

People who tailgate even when your doing 10 over the speed limit! (and can pass you if they want) And people on cell phones.

Oh, and what LEJAY said - choking down to 1 lane in construction.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:25 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

When people drive in the left lane and you are in the right lane going 80mph and they force themself in front of you and slow down and then you have to pass them.

People who block the fast lane with the person in the right lane and once you try and pass them they try and speed up and be a little ****ing biatch.

I also hate as mentioned before people ashing out their window and all the **** hits my car.

Those are probably the three worst for me...

-Jeff
Old 05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silky_Johnston
3) morons that don't use turn signals
Don't forget the morons that use turn signals to show where the people in front of them are turning, then don't actually turn themselves.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

I don't think this has been mentioned. Choking down to 1 lane for construction, whatever, there is ample time to move over, I'm in line, and these c***suckers go flyin' by, and then force themselves in front of me at the final cutoff spot. They are driving POS and know I won't hit hit em and screw up my ride, but, I do make em work for it.
Dude, That happens on our Southern California freeways ALL THE TIME! I totally hate that. Sometimes if I'm stuck in traffic and I see a moron zooming up the emergency lane (or way up past the stopped cars that have already merged already and are patiently waiting their turn to go), I sit myself much more "right" in the lane, stick the back bumper out so they have to go way off the pavement to get around me (and make themselves more obvious to cops). Then when they get stuck behind me I look in my rearview and just gloat.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

Any of my fellow manual transmission drivers should love this one:

When you get behind a "brake slammer" in heavy traffic that as soon as the person starts to roll in front of them they take off real quick, don't judge the distance that the person in front has available to him, and slams on the brakes again. Then this repeats over and over and you can't get around. Aaaaaaarrrrggggg! That kills the clutch leg!

Quick Reply: For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!