Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consumer reports Wax results

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Shadowfax

Default RE: Consumer reports Wax results

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

I use Zaino and none of the brands they test even come close, yes it takes longer and costs more than those put it on, wait till it gets hazy and wipe it off, but the results are amazing.

+1 Zaino is the only product that has ever gone on my Stang in the year and 3 Months I have owned it.

+1 I was once a turtle wax person, but have now gone the way of the Zaino. I don't think I'll ever go back.
Zaino it's the best stuff I have ever used, the shine is very liquid looking.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
jeff74mg

I have tried quite a few waxes, most recently Zymol, Meguireā€™s NXT, and Eagle One Wet Look and liked the shine, but only the Zymol provided long lasting protection. Then I bought a bottle of Rejex last week. I know the name sounds like something designed to clean toilets, but this stuff is amazing. It goes on like a thin liquid wax and comes off with a slight oily residue remaining. I put it on right before a road trip to Florida and the bugs came off much easier than usual. It also seems to be lasting very well considering it took half the time to put on. They say you can use it and then wax over it, which I am planning to do next time.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I have been using Liquid Glass for years. Started using it on my 1970 Challenger R/T in the 80's. I have been using it on the GT and still love it. Tried a couple of the other high end products mentioned, but went right back to the Liquid Glass. JMO
Old 06-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Try Mothers Reflections (new product line for 2006)

They have Leather Conditioner/Cleaner......Tire Cleaner.....Wax/Top Coat Wax

Use microfiber towels...they work great.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I have been using Liquid Glass for years. Started using it on my 1970 Challenger R/T in the 80's. I have been using it on the GT and still love it. Tried a couple of the other high end products mentioned, but went right back to the Liquid Glass. JMO
Thanks for the post. I'm a Liquid Glass fanatic as well. I'm about to use it on my '06, but no one else has ever heard of it. The stuff is literally like liquid glass.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Royb
1st Gear Member

there's only 2 - 3 kinds of wax made. everything else is marketing hype. the truth is what works best is dependent on 1.. condition & type of paint finish 2. outside temp, humidity, & temp of finish along with cleanlyness (is that a word?) of finish (surface prep). 3. freaquency of wax,polish,polymer applied.

I've waxed thousands of cars (I owned a high volume detail & body shop) and used the most expensive to the cheapest costing stuff out there and have got great results with both. some wax,polish,polymer can work better (easy on easy off) on certain finishes - there is a slight art to knowing by looking at surface finishes and touch. As far a durability (length of time the applied product will last) will vary based on the conditions of which the car is kept (garage, car port, exposed to elements, climate etc.) over all you can get away with the cheap stuff if you use it more freaquently (again - depends on how the car is kept and operated in) I suggest a monthly wax,polish,polymer for the above average car guy and suggest every 3 months for people who don't give a care about cars and if you work in construction,coal or steel mine - plant or in a heavy industrial environment every 2.5 to 3 weeks for best paint protection.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:35 AM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

I really don't care if my wax lasts long, especially during the warmer weather. I'd rather wax frequently, something about tactile contact with my stang. I enjoy detailing frequently, time well spent and is doesn't burn gas or put miles on the car.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

I like the Meguiars NXT wax. This is the only wax I've used for my GT. I think I will try the turtle wax ice next.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yeah, NXT is all I really use on my GT as well. Except once I did half the car with Zymol just to compare and the NXT looked clearer to my eyes as well as other I showed it to at a local car show.

But, always willing to try something new, I'll purchase a bottle of Black Magic this week and try it out. I'd wax my car every week if I had the time.