Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have This?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:08 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Have This?

I dont have my car yet im but im going to have it this week but i think i want to get the carbon insert does anyone have that? last sema i was driving one that had it and i think it was good.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:50 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

2smokinbarrells,
You are quite welcome. One caution I would give you. Be aware that this panel is not totally "blacked out", but rather "dark smoked" out.....Now, going against the Mineral Grey, it pretty well hides everything, but even in a certain light, I can see the velcro strips under the panel. (look real close on my last photo, left side) I am going to put some sort of backing on the panel to prevent this. Just thought you should realize this, since you are talking about putting on your white pony. It would probably show through more on yours, so you may want to plan on some sort of backing as well.

Best of Luck,
Mike

Old 06-11-2006, 10:41 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

2smokinbarrells,
You are quite welcome. One caution I would give you. Be aware that this panel is not totally "blacked out", but rather "dark smoked" out.....Now, going against the Mineral Grey, it pretty well hides everything, but even in a certain light, I can see the velcro strips under the panel. (look real close on my last photo, left side) I am going to put some sort of backing on the panel to prevent this. Just thought you should realize this, since you are talking about putting on your white pony. It would probably show through more on yours, so you may want to plan on some sort of backing as well.

Best of Luck,
Mike

Hey Mike would you happen to know of a panel that is completely blacked out not just smoked? I think the flat black one is completely black but I like the glossy finish like yours, I think it makes it look better.. just kinda worried because I have a silver car and I really dont want to be able to see the silver through it ya know?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:14 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Bl1nkage,
Plus one on the gloss finish, but I never could find one that was completely blacked out. Like I said above, I'm just gonna put some sort of backing on it. Shouldn't be that big a deal.....You are correct that most of the flat blacks are true blackout. Could get one and have it glossed over, I suppose. Anyway, cheap mod, cheap mod to the mod.....

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2006, 04:38 AM
2smokinbarrells
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

2smokinbarrells,

Best of Luck,
Mike

Thanks for letting me know. I can't see it in your pictures, but I will definatly look for some kind of backing. I love how that looks on your mineral grey. Just hope it looks as good with my white.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I went with the honeycomb panel and the 3M body tape. Its on there for good. The look of the panel completes the lineage between this new GT and my 1970 Mach 1. Thw panel looks terrfic. I have bought the stainless tail light trims but have not decided if i want them on or not.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
2smokinbarrells
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

I went with the honeycomb panel and the 3M body tape. Its on there for good. The look of the panel completes the lineage between this new GT and my 1970 Mach 1. Thw panel looks terrfic. I have bought the stainless tail light trims but have not decided if i want them on or not.
Can you post some pics of the installed honeycomb panel. Thanks