Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 interior options, your opinions please…

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Default 2007 interior options, your opinions please…

I am seriously considering ordering a 2007 Mustang GT Premium. I am contemplating between Vista Blue and Tungsten Grey but really leaning towards the Tungsten Gray. I will be going with the Aberdeen embossed leather seats.

I am not sure how well the light graphite interior would go with the Tungsten Gray exterior and thinking I should stick with the dark charcoal but would really appreciate some opinions as I have not had the opportunity to see a Tungsten Grey Mustang in person.

If anyone has any pictures that would be great!!!

I know the dark charcoal would look fine but figured the light graphite would be a bit better as far as not getting as hot during the summer. Just wonder how well, or not so well, the light graphite would look with the Tungsten Gray exterior.

One last question I am thinking of staying with the stock 17” wheels as I really like those wheels the best. However I believe I recall reading a while back that if you went with the 18” from the factory the suspension was a bit different, is that true? If so what is different and is it something that would cost much to do with aftermarket parts if I stayed with the 17” wheels?

I recently sold my 2003 Ford Lightning which was an awesome truck and would run 13.4 in the ¼ mile in complete stock trim, tailgate and all and really looking forward to owning a new GT Mustang.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:04 PM
GM Supercar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 interior options, your opinions please…

I have light graphite on my 2006 Refire GT Premium and I love it.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:20 PM
flieger67

I've thought about the tungsten/light graphite combo. It might make for a really nice combo but I wonder if, aesthetically, there wouldn't be enough of a contrast between the interior and the exterior. I guess you'd have to see it in person to know for sure.

I do agree with you on trying to avoid the charcoal interior for summertime temperatures. The grey leather in my Saturn would get blazin' hot when I lived in Texas - I can't imagine what black would have been like after being parked outside the office.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

GM Supercar:

That is very sweet indeed I really like how the light graphite is set off by some of the black pieces in the interior. It appears you have the IUP, I am looking at getting the sport appearance interior package so I wonder by doing so if there would be some more black trim rather then the aluminum color trim of the IUP.

flieger67:

I wonder if, aesthetically, there wouldn't be enough of a contrast between the interior and the exterior.
That is my biggest concern as I know the dark charcoal would look excellent against the Tungsten Gray. I was, and kind of still am, in between the Tungsten Gray and Vista Blue for the exterior. My Lightning was Sonic Blue (hence the name Sonic Boom) and I loved that color and received many compliments on the color. So I have been contemplating the Vista Blue with gloss white 12” stripes or Tungsten Gray with black stripes or another color I have seen on here some where but don’t recall the color of the stripes.

Really hoping someone with a Tungsten Gray will come along and give me an opinion or someone that has seen one with the light graphite interior.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:57 PM
dtuna42
1st Gear Member

If you like the dark charcoal, just tint the windows and use a windshield sun shade when you park. Works well for me. Even if you don't like dark tint, or if it's illegal where you live, use a milder shade of tint. Even the lighter tints block a lot of the sun / heat.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
flieger67

Sonic Boom - I've been thinking about Vista Blue a lot, so that's a cool finish in my book. But I think tungsten with black stripes would be a terrific look and perhaps worth "suffering" a charcoal interior.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

I have atungsten with light graphite. Here's the best pic I could find that might give a comparison of both the inside and outside color:

Old 06-03-2006, 08:14 PM
06_tungsten_gt

Heres a pic off ebay of a tungsten with light graphite interior...
http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/54/f6/05_12_sb.JPG

My tungsten has dark charcoal int, and i love it....looking at the light it does seem to be not enough of a contrast as flieger67 said. But its only 'summer' here for a month or 2 so the heat isnt something that has to be endured for long. *tosses in his 2 cents*
~Josh~
Old 06-03-2006, 10:04 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Could someone answer the suspension question w/18" wheels ?
I'm curious about that, also.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:08 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I read somewhere that they adjust the shocks a bit but don't do anything spring wise at all for the 18" rims. I'm sure someone out there knows if that is true or not.

Quick Reply: 2007 interior options, your opinions please…