Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Kills - Another Evo & A Vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:08 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default More Kills - Another Evo & A Vette

Well here it is, I had killed an evo a few months back and another one pulled up to me a few nights ago. We hit a red light we chatted for about a minute and he tells me I should've bought an Evo (he is alone), then my clever friend next to me says we'll see and the mr. Evo knew it was on. I was actually surprised at how clean this guys Evo was considering he actually removed his giant wing while having Exhaust, Intake, Boost Controller, Turbo Timer, Blowoff Valve, and a few other mods I don't quite remember. Anyways heres the part you've been waiting for; GREEN, the light turns and we're off. We start out even, I take a car length and by 80 it turns into half a car then 85 a full car for me again. We both layed off for the red light upcoming and he had rolled his window up and was done. I had realized afterwards I had left TCS on along with my A/C...

Race 2 - 04 Vette
We make eye contact having a little fun for a few lights, then we hit the perfect light. We stop dead on next to each other (same night as the Evo race), have a good two or three minute chat now about our cars. He says he has exhaust, intake, tires and a didn't say too much else. Anyways I wish him luck and tell him to watch out and GREEN! Our tires chirp off the line (I turned the A/C and TCS OFF!) I take a car ahead of him flooring my car like no other, chirp second like you wouldn't believe (have about 5 lengths on him now getting larger! He had a nice chirp into 2nd also) and by third it was just a lanslide this guy was just getting smaller and smaller I got up to 115 and slowed down to about 50 and he pulls up on my tail to the next light. We chat he says Good Race, I said yeah Good Race back. He said he needed some new tires and that his car ran 12.8 at the track. He got the green arrow and wished me a good luck and I said the same and it was over.

So all in all I had a great time and didn't receive any tickets and luckily the roads ahead were empty for our dangerous acts of racing. I was very surprised that the vette didn't put up a better fight, but who knows maybe it was his tires.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

-Jeff
Old 06-05-2006, 04:16 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: More Kills - Another Evo & A Vette

Nice! You live near me, what road was this on?
Old 06-05-2006, 04:29 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Both kills were on Lake Mary Blvd.

If you know the road, the Evo kill was from the first light over the bridge over i4 the side by the Albertson's. Then the Vette, was the opposite direction at the first light on the opposite side of the bridge right in front of Wallgreens going toward Markham Woods Road.

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 04:42 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah I know where youre talkin about.. Id be careful doin 115 though cops been campin that area lately
Old 06-05-2006, 04:44 AM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

You probably raced an EVO RS. It's the stripped down cheap version and it doesn't come with a wing. It's actually slightly faster than an EVO VIII since it's lighter.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:55 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Yeah, they sit right on that bridge thats why I had waited until we had driven by. I was very nervous when racing the Evo, but by the Vette they normally never sit over there waiting, although a fire station is right there.

greg, that would make sense because I don't think anyone would buy an import like that then remove the wing.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 AM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gregariousgreg

You probably raced an EVO RS. It's the stripped down cheap version and it doesn't come with a wing. It's actually slightly faster than an EVO VIII since it's lighter.
No way, the wing ALWAYS makes a car faster.

He's just luccky it didn't have "Type R" emblems on it.........................[sm=bling.gif]