Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6000 miles on the odo, my impressions so far

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Exotic_HP

Default RE: 6000 miles on the odo, my impressions so far

I had 20k mile on my 05 Mustang GT. The cd skip when I first drove off the lot, and never happen again. the engine light went on 1 time, take it to the dealer they clear the code. The windows goes down when I tried to pull both window up, and the trunk open when I tried to turn on the AC. But so far the drive great I love every time driving it. Best car for your money so far.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:26 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i love everything about my baby. i knew what it was and
what it wasn't when i purchased it.
-
THANK YOU FORD!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:29 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I agree with rt1, dunno about you guys though. To me my Mustang is more than just a car.. maybe thats not a good thing but I really dont give a damn. My dad comes in my room and all he ever sees me doing is looking at pictures of other peoples Mustangs getting ideas of what I can do to mine or talking on here, or on the phone with shops, or Im outside looking at my car or cleaning it or anything and he constantly tells me "hey... its JUST a car." No.. its not just a car. I am VERY satisfied with my Mustang and all I can say is NO car is perfect. Sit here and make me a list of the cars that have no defects, no flaws and perfect performance.. truth is you cant. All I have to say is if youre not happy with your Stang... SELL IT.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:53 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

Ford did a great job on the new mustangs..I can honestly say I love everything about my 05 GT.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:23 AM
jacksonbase

Just put 800 miles on my new windveil blue gt conv and its everything I thought it would be! My two previous cars were 2001 bmw 740i sport and a 540 sport 6 spd. I bought this car knowing it wouldn't have the features of a 50 to 70k car. What else can you buy for the performance and size? I bought this car for fun and maybe a little bit of practicality 3 kids! Any area of this car that is lacking can be changed with aftermarket part ie more power handling etc... No car is perfect but this car has met all my expectations. I plan on making performance changes to suit my driving habits. I have yet driven a car with too much power!

a/c ice cold
experienced gas tank problem
shifter ok
increased rpm between shifts annoying
rear tires losing tread fast!

My 2 cents

Jacksonbase
Old 08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I don't know if anyone is looking at this thread anymore, its pretty old, but here goes. I have only had my 2007 GT for 10 days and only have about 100 miles on it. I love this car. Its fast, has great handling, terrific exhaust note, excellent sound system, comfortable, very beautiful and inexpensive. The a/c is very comfortable in any heat and cools off quickly. I haven't experienced any axle-hop or other irratic behavior from the live-axel rear end. This car makes me feel like a kid again. I had a 1969 Mustang Fastback I bought new in 1968, and enjoyed driving it but nothing like this 2007 GT. I look for excuses to drive it. I even like to clean it... its black and needs constant attention but thats ok for now anyway.

I did have one problem that I see on this thread others have had as well. Yesterday I had to fill the gas tank and the fuel pump kept shutting off even with a slightly open nozzle. In disgust I moved to a different pump and tried again. This time I managed to fill my tank with the nozzle held at about half speed. I was watching the readout on the pump to see how much I had pumped when all of a sudden the gas came gushing out of the filler neck all over my pant leg and shoes and ran down the fender to form a large puddle under my car. I was pissed and went into the station and told the owner he needed to fix his pumps. I should have realized it had something to do with the cars fillerneck. Two bad pumps at the same gas station seems unlikely.

I would not trade this car for any other.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:44 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

i paid 225k out the door for my 2006 very pleased after 5000 miles and find quality,fit and finish just fine. the ftdq is a 12 on a 1-10 scale if had wanted to impress folks w/luxury i would have bought a luxomobile , i wanted a car for my wife and i to take a trip or a sunday drive in, it aint the fastest car on thr road but i dont see any better looking (IMO). when i want a blvd ride i drive my towncar when i want to pick up ply wood i drive my f150 when i want an old car my 73 dodge when i want shipz & grins it pony time
Old 08-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

So far my only real complaint has to be the Shaker. Sadly, after 8+ months of owning her... I've noticed this. I've burned a couple Audio CDs (not Mp3/Data disks) and it worked perfectly. Recently I burned a 200 song MP3 Data disk, and about 20 songs pause mid song, then start a second or two later. I don't know if it's the type of CD, or what... but the CD is as clean as it was when you take it out of it's package. I dunno. For $1300 you expect something to work perfectly, but apparently all we paid for was wattage.

Shaker 1000 btw.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Trade it in on a Chrysler 300 and then join the Chrysler Forum.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 PM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

I still have less than 1K miles. So far my favorite thing (aside from the obvious 300hp) is the comfort of the seat. I also like how the cockpit looks in the dark, the lighting looks great. My least favorite thing, of all things, is the glove box. About the only thing it can hold is, well, a pair of gloves. Same deal with the center console, not even big enough to hold cd cases. Kinda weird considering the Shaker has a 6 cd changer.