Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

ORIGINAL: rebelyell06

I bet you feel like **** because you didn't hand was a MUSTANG! Sorry about that, but maybe now you'll know that the only way to wash a stang is with your own hands.
Mustang or a honda, you definitely shouldn't take a car into those auto washers... I've never met ANYONE who has had flawless experiences with them. Something ALWAYS happens.

I hand wash my car once a week, and although it may take several hours, I'd much rather spend the time. It looks better in the end and I know it won't emerge with battle wounds.
Exactly what I do.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

dont be dumb. Make them pay for the part, the installation and the car wash and make sure u get OEM brand spaking new. They are liable for damage caused to all factory parts during the wash.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:21 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Good luck getting them to pay for anything. There is a disclaimer that they are not responsioble for damages. It's a standard policy for car washes becuase they know the things will destroy your car. It does not matter if it's aftermarket parts or OEM.

You have to remember that these things are designed for anything from a civic to a hummer. That's just too many compromises in the design. They can't get it right.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

well theres one by my house.. it doesnt have the automatic brushes, they just spray the soap and wash with it, everything else they do by hand, and do an awesome job. I have read the disclaimer, and it clearly states that they ARE responsible, as long as u dont drive off their lot before reporting it. the after market thing is refering to wheels cuz of the drag platform, they cant be responsible if ur rims get scratched cuz some idiots put 39" x 50" wide spinners on their Yotota Corona S type X GT R Spec. LE SE Sivic X SI Tsi V-tech H2.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Thetics

well theres one by my house.. it doesnt have the automatic brushes, they just spray the soap and wash with it, everything else they do by hand, and do an awesome job. I have read the disclaimer, and it clearly states that they ARE responsible, as long as u dont drive off their lot before reporting it. the after market thing is refering to wheels cuz of the drag platform, they cant be responsible if ur rims get scratched cuz some idiots put 39" x 50" wide spinners on their Yotota Corona S type X GT R Spec. LE SE Sivic X SI Tsi V-tech H2.
OK, it doesn't have the automatic brushes. That's probably why they accept some responsibility.

Maybe every automatic carwash in the world (with brushes) does not have the disclaimer, but they would be positively stupid if they didn't.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Just FYI...

Despite what that sign says.... The ARE Responsible for Damages... That sign won't mean crap in a court of law in an instance such as this.

The sign is just to minimize the law suites... a LOT of stupid people believe that sign and so never sue. You would NOT believe how much money that $1 sign saves places like Car Wash's and Pay Parking lots.

If you provide a service for money, then you are responsible for ANY damage caused during the performance of your service. Car Washes are NOT except from the law!

Call the Car Wash... tell them to buy you a new mirror.

Did you tell them when it happend - immediately? or did you just drive away!

Old 06-05-2006, 05:18 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Just FYI...

Despite what that sign says.... The ARE Responsible for Damages... That sign won't mean crap in a court of law in an instance such as this.

The sign is just to minimize the law suites... a LOT of stupid people believe that sign and so never sue. You would NOT believe how much money that $1 sign saves places like Car Wash's and Pay Parking lots.

If you provide a service for money, then you are responsible for ANY damage caused during the performance of your service. Car Washes are NOT except from the law!

Call the Car Wash... tell them to buy you a new mirror.

Did you tell them when it happend - immediately? or did you just drive away!

FU*K you!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

lol uh oh.. Mod/Admin fight... i put my money on... the winner
Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

I ran in and told the attendent poor girl was go afriad of her boss that she wouldnt call her on a friday!!! I almost jumped over the counter!! Long story short I finally get a hold of the manager this morning and she gives my the number for chevron customer complaint division. I called them and the woman on the phone explined to me that she will mail me some paperwork that I have to fill out and send back. I also have to get 3 estimates on the repair, ford dealer #1, ford dealer #2, ford dealer #3,. After its all said and done this could take me 2 weeks a least to get my mirror. So untill then everytime I change lanes I have to stick my head out the window ala ace ventura!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:56 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Sorry for your bad luck. I won't repeat the beating you have received for running your stang through and automatic car scratcher (oops, guess I just did). Glad to hear you won't have to pay for the repairs, could be worse, it could be winter. Loved the Ace Ventura comment.

Good luck and keep us posted

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!