Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 PM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

Default AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!

So I went through one of the automatica carwashes on friday ( yah i know, i know, flame suit on) and long stroy short my driver side mirror gets ripped off the car!!!!!!!!!!! housing and all!!!! I was livid!!!

So now does anyone know where I could get a good deal on a mirror the ford dealer wants 232.65!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!

HOLY COW! I did notice the mirrors were kind of flimsy, but I never would have thought that they'd come off on a car wash! Well, good luck finding a new one. Being so new, I'd assume a local junk yard donor would be hard to come across. Try here: www.car-part.com. I just did a search there and got quite a few hits on mirrors (it's a nationwide search). Seem to hover around $100. If you want new, try http://carropacific.meridian1.net/. They have good prices on new stuff. I don't know if aftermarket body parts are available for the Mustang yet, though.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:26 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

damn that sucks man... you should make them pay you ... thier the ones responsible for using a tiny *** carwash mashine
Old 06-05-2006, 02:52 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I bet you feel like **** because you didn't hand was a MUSTANG! Sorry about that, but maybe now you'll know that the only way to wash a stang is with your own hands.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:09 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Did you cantact the carwash management ? Most of those have a disclaimer on damage sign posted before you enter.

Being so new, you're probably gonna have to go thru FORD for the OEM replacement. Check with your salesman, and explain what happened. MAYBE he could get you one at cost, or deeply discounted.

GOOD LUCK.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
cwall583
1st Gear Member

I think you'll have to go with OEM part and it is unlikely you will find one in a salvage yard.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:20 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rebelyell06

I bet you feel like **** because you didn't hand was a MUSTANG! Sorry about that, but maybe now you'll know that the only way to wash a stang is with your own hands.
Mustang or a honda, you definitely shouldn't take a car into those auto washers... I've never met ANYONE who has had flawless experiences with them. Something ALWAYS happens.

I hand wash my car once a week, and although it may take several hours, I'd much rather spend the time. It looks better in the end and I know it won't emerge with battle wounds.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:51 PM
enfilade

I had to replace the mirror on my car and got it off ebay for $65.

Here's a link:

yourpartstore
Old 06-05-2006, 03:55 PM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

I know I know! I promise I will never do it again
Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I would contact the manager/owner of the carwash. They should pay for that, as it is NOT an aftermarket part or any type of add-on/sticking-out part that is not part of the ORIGINAL car. No question, they should pay.

My dad took his brand new Bonneville SC through a Mikes Express about 3 years ago and had one of the entire brush apparatus thingys come completely off and destroy his roof and hood [:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AHHH CARWASH TOOK MY MIRROR OFF!!!