Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up with these ford floor mats??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:22 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default Whats up with these ford floor mats??

So, I picked up a set of the premium carpeted mats from ford after work today after getting the call that they came in along with the nose bra I ordered.

Mats look nice and are better made than the ones the factory provides, however, they are TINY.

I mean I bought them to protect the light gray carpet and add a little contrast but they dont cover nearly as well as the stock mats. And the sad part is that the stock mats dont cover that well.

Right in front of the gas pedal where you would think you would want a mat, they leave bare. It is 2" narrower on each side compared to the factory drivers mat and isnt even shaped to really fit the floorpan well. Passeneger is small in similar ways. Rears fit well enough considering how rarely some one sits back there.

Anyone else notice how small these damn mats are??

I am thinking of making some templates and sending them out to ACS dorsett to have them made so they actually cover the carpet.

Also have to figure out what I am going to do with the dead pedal as that is going to get dirty quick if it doesent get covered in something black or aluminum.

Any thoughts??
Old 06-06-2006, 03:34 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats up with these ford floor mats??

I have the same problem. I purchased my car in February last year. Ordered mats, didn't know it would have any in it. They don't fit well either. Note Ford's site http://www.fordaccessories.com/

It has different years listed. I'm thinking since mine were ordered and received really quick last February that they were for an earlier model. I've been using the ones that came with the car. I'm thinking by now they must have newer model mats, as indicated by "drop downs" on the Ford site.

Perhaps they didn't get you the right ones?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

if you want really good mats that will actually protect, head over to canada and pick up some rubber mats from a ford dealership
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
EdB

I'll second the rubber ones - I ordered mine thru fordaccessories.com and I am happy with the coverage.
These are factory as well. But I have seen rubber ones (in Car & Driver I think??) that cover the entire
area and turn up to form a "pan".
Old 06-06-2006, 10:50 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I bought some cheap Ford rubber mats from Autozone for when it rains. It is just the standard universal mat that happens to say ford on it, not special fit or anything. They fit right over my carpet ones and keep them nice and clean for when the wet weather gets our feet a little muddy.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

In the winter I plan on running slush mats. But in the summer I usually like a nice carpeted set and have no problem keeping them relitivly clean.

The biggest issue I have is why did ford make them so damn small. There are different part numbers for the older cars. So why not make these fit right and cover up the rugs? Of course cheapness is probably the answer here.

The box has a label that says 2005 mustang ebony carpet mats or something.

So they are correct for an 05. I guess they would be the same for 06'.

I pulled them out for now in case I decide to return them. But given the probable restocking charge or argument I may just keep them and find a better set.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

My Mustang came with no rear floormats and I wanted em, the guy at the dealer sad they werent yet available in my color, so I went and found em here: http://partscheap.com/mustangaccessories05.htm
Old 06-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Sucks Ford doesn't even offer red ones.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:34 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I hate rubber mats, I think they only belong in trucks and buses. That being said I picked up a set of carpeted floor mats that cover just fine at CJponyparts.com. Check them out.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

I got the all weather mats with my car, for winters up here you pretty much need them and I want to protect the carpet. I won't run them until the fall/winter though. I just realized the other day I didn't get rear mats either, supposedly an "option" but had no clue.

Ah well, time to go looking online for a nice fabric set of 4 methinks.

Quick Reply: Whats up with these ford floor mats??