Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hertz Shelby 350H Reservation

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:53 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hertz Shelby 350H Reservation

My father said he used to do that with his rent-a-racer but i never believed him. I guess its true?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:47 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

here is the info about the upgrades:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/gt-h.asp

Extra “Show”

Like its predecessor, the 2006 Ford Shelby GT-H will be instantly recognizable – thanks to several eye-catching styling enhancements that are so much a part of the Shelby Mustang heritage. First and foremost, each Shelby GT-H will wear Black exterior paint set off with Gold racing stripes, a hallmark of Hertz’s vehicle history dating all the way back to the 1920s.

While it’s true that the Shelby GT350H was eventually made available in other color combinations, the Black-and-Gold combo is often referred to as “Hertz colors” by most Mustang aficionados. Shelby’s traditional “Le Mans” dual overbody racing stripes are combined with a set of rocker stripes that include special “Shelby GT-H” nomenclature. Each car will also wear a Hertz Edition emblem on the front fenders, and feature Hertz Shelby GT-H sill plates and a numbered dash badge with Carroll Shelby’s signature inside the cockpit.

To give a hint of the Mustang GT 4.6-liter 3V V-8 engine’s added capability, the Ford Shelby GT-H is fitted with a custom Shelby Performance hood with pins, and a brushed aluminum grille with running horse emblem. A unique front fascia with integrated lower grille, as well as a set of body side scoops – reminiscent of classic Shelby Mustangs is incorporated for a distinct look. To further catch the enthusiast’s eye, the Mustang GT brakes are dressed up with painted calipers, which can be seen through the GT-H’s 17-inch aluminum wheels wearing P235/55ZR17 performance rubber.

Added “Go”

Ford Racing Performance Group is supplying its popular Power Pack (FR1) to add a genuine 25-horsepower Ford performance kick to the 300-horse Mustang GT 4.6L V-8/Five-speed automatic transmission powertrain and an increase of 10 lb.-ft. of torque. The package includes Ford Racing’s 90mm Cold Air kit, the Muffler Kit, a new X-pipe similar to the one used on the new Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang, a performance calibration and a cat-back performance exhaust for that throaty sound that will make this car unmistakably a Shelby Mustang GT-H.

“Any Mustang that traces its roots to a Shelby GT350H has to boast increased performance and handling over its factory stock configuration,” said Cisco Codina, group vice president, Ford North America Marketing, Sales and Service. “Ford Racing’s involvement with niche performance Mustang builds like this Hertz project is a natural for us as well as for Hertz and Shelby.”

To put that extra horsepower to the ground, the Ford Shelby GT-H also comes with the Ford Racing Handling Pack (FR3) installed, including special-tuned dampers inspired from the FR500C, lowering springs, sway bars and a strut tower brace – plus a Ford Racing 3.55:1 ratio rear axle assembly for extra off-the-line acceleration.

Ford Racing will be working hand-in-hand with engineers and technicians at Shelby Automobile’s assembly facility in Las Vegas during the build-out of the GT-H for delivery to Hertz. With total production expected to number only around 500 units exclusively destined for Hertz rental fleets across the country, this special-edition Ford Shelby GT-H is sure to give Hertz customers a truly exclusive driving experience like only Shelby and the Ford Mustang can deliver.

“This GT-H project has been terrific,” said Amy Boylan, president, Shelby Automobiles Inc. “My team here at Shelby Automobiles is very excited with what we have put together with Ford, and Hertz – a pony that not only has a special look, but can really run, too. Those who get to rent a GT-H in the coming months will have the opportunity to enjoy a car that looks, accelerates, handles and sounds the way a high-performance Shelby-ized Ford Mustang should. It will prove lots of fun for Hertz customers looking for some real driving excitement.”

The Hertz Fun Collection features convertibles including the Ford Mustang, Mazda Miata, Toyota Solara, PT Cruiser and Chrysler Sebring; coupes/roadsters including Ford Mustang (hard-top), PT Cruiser, Chevy HHR and Nissan 350Z; and SUVs such as the Ford Escape XLT Sport, Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Murano and Hummer H3. For Shelby GT-H or other Hertz Fun Collection reservations, or to see which vehicles are available at participating Hertz locations visit www.hertz.com. The Hertz Fun Collection may also be reserved through travel agents or by calling the Hertz toll-free at 1-800-654-3131.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 PM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

Well it seems they remembered as with these they do a very detailed walk through and when you bring it back they do it again... They have several seals and markings throughout the car to make sure these things do not happen again...

ORIGINAL: torch red

Make sure you do what we did back in the day...

Rent a Mustang and take out all the parts you need and send it back with your parts...

Oh, the stories..i am going to hell.....[sm=guilty.gif]
Old 06-09-2006, 11:54 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Yea, I wouldent want to be there trying to explain why the car is now sitting an inch higher than when it left the lot a couple days before.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Laura

You won't be taking any parts off the Hertz Shelby without paying for them -dearly- upon your return.
We rented the GT-H last month for a 10 day road trip from Las Vegas to Seattle, back through Bend, OR to San Francisco and back across the desert to Vegas.

The manager went through a check list before we could leave the lot and the same check list was used upon our return.

We were in car #297 and had a blast! She was fast and fun---and thank God the A/C was icy cold. Our grand total for 10 days and close to 3000 miles was right around $2,400.00 -- but my husband and I agreed it was the best twenty four hundred dollars we'd spent in a long time.

If you've rented one....I'd love to know what number you were in! E-mail me at padresgrrl@aol.com.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:26 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

The Shelby 350H is waaay to much car for the average bonehead. I think you're going to be seeing a lot people getting into serious accidents renting these cars. They can't even handle a mini-van safely it scares me to imagine Joe Sixpack driving one.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

So Laura do you own a Mustang?
ORIGINAL: Laura

You won't be taking any parts off the Hertz Shelby without paying for them -dearly- upon your return.
We rented the GT-H last month for a 10 day road trip from Las Vegas to Seattle, back through Bend, OR to San Francisco and back across the desert to Vegas.

The manager went through a check list before we could leave the lot and the same check list was used upon our return.

We were in car #297 and had a blast! She was fast and fun---and thank God the A/C was icy cold. Our grand total for 10 days and close to 3000 miles was right around $2,400.00 -- but my husband and I agreed it was the best twenty four hundred dollars we'd spent in a long time.

If you've rented one....I'd love to know what number you were in! E-mail me at padresgrrl@aol.com.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

How much more suspension parts do I need to keep my horsepower to the ground?
ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

here is the info about the upgrades:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/gt-h.asp

Extra “Show”

Like its predecessor, the 2006 Ford Shelby GT-H will be instantly recognizable – thanks to several eye-catching styling enhancements that are so much a part of the Shelby Mustang heritage. First and foremost, each Shelby GT-H will wear Black exterior paint set off with Gold racing stripes, a hallmark of Hertz’s vehicle history dating all the way back to the 1920s.

While it’s true that the Shelby GT350H was eventually made available in other color combinations, the Black-and-Gold combo is often referred to as “Hertz colors” by most Mustang aficionados. Shelby’s traditional “Le Mans” dual overbody racing stripes are combined with a set of rocker stripes that include special “Shelby GT-H” nomenclature. Each car will also wear a Hertz Edition emblem on the front fenders, and feature Hertz Shelby GT-H sill plates and a numbered dash badge with Carroll Shelby’s signature inside the cockpit.

To give a hint of the Mustang GT 4.6-liter 3V V-8 engine’s added capability, the Ford Shelby GT-H is fitted with a custom Shelby Performance hood with pins, and a brushed aluminum grille with running horse emblem. A unique front fascia with integrated lower grille, as well as a set of body side scoops – reminiscent of classic Shelby Mustangs is incorporated for a distinct look. To further catch the enthusiast’s eye, the Mustang GT brakes are dressed up with painted calipers, which can be seen through the GT-H’s 17-inch aluminum wheels wearing P235/55ZR17 performance rubber.

Added “Go”

Ford Racing Performance Group is supplying its popular Power Pack (FR1) to add a genuine 25-horsepower Ford performance kick to the 300-horse Mustang GT 4.6L V-8/Five-speed automatic transmission powertrain and an increase of 10 lb.-ft. of torque. The package includes Ford Racing’s 90mm Cold Air kit, the Muffler Kit, a new X-pipe similar to the one used on the new Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang, a performance calibration and a cat-back performance exhaust for that throaty sound that will make this car unmistakably a Shelby Mustang GT-H.

“Any Mustang that traces its roots to a Shelby GT350H has to boast increased performance and handling over its factory stock configuration,” said Cisco Codina, group vice president, Ford North America Marketing, Sales and Service. “Ford Racing’s involvement with niche performance Mustang builds like this Hertz project is a natural for us as well as for Hertz and Shelby.”

To put that extra horsepower to the ground, the Ford Shelby GT-H also comes with the Ford Racing Handling Pack (FR3) installed, including special-tuned dampers inspired from the FR500C, lowering springs, sway bars and a strut tower brace – plus a Ford Racing 3.55:1 ratio rear axle assembly for extra off-the-line acceleration.

Ford Racing will be working hand-in-hand with engineers and technicians at Shelby Automobile’s assembly facility in Las Vegas during the build-out of the GT-H for delivery to Hertz. With total production expected to number only around 500 units exclusively destined for Hertz rental fleets across the country, this special-edition Ford Shelby GT-H is sure to give Hertz customers a truly exclusive driving experience like only Shelby and the Ford Mustang can deliver.

“This GT-H project has been terrific,” said Amy Boylan, president, Shelby Automobiles Inc. “My team here at Shelby Automobiles is very excited with what we have put together with Ford, and Hertz – a pony that not only has a special look, but can really run, too. Those who get to rent a GT-H in the coming months will have the opportunity to enjoy a car that looks, accelerates, handles and sounds the way a high-performance Shelby-ized Ford Mustang should. It will prove lots of fun for Hertz customers looking for some real driving excitement.”

The Hertz Fun Collection features convertibles including the Ford Mustang, Mazda Miata, Toyota Solara, PT Cruiser and Chrysler Sebring; coupes/roadsters including Ford Mustang (hard-top), PT Cruiser, Chevy HHR and Nissan 350Z; and SUVs such as the Ford Escape XLT Sport, Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Murano and Hummer H3. For Shelby GT-H or other Hertz Fun Collection reservations, or to see which vehicles are available at participating Hertz locations visit www.hertz.com. The Hertz Fun Collection may also be reserved through travel agents or by calling the Hertz toll-free at 1-800-654-3131.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Laura

I drive a Ford F150, Infiniti and a Porsche. I've rented a lot of Mustangs, but this one was the best![8D]
Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Laura

I agree with you. It's a whole lotta car!
Be careful out there, racers....

ORIGINAL: 281GT

The Shelby 350H is waaay to much car for the average bonehead. I think you're going to be seeing a lot people getting into serious accidents renting these cars. They can't even handle a mini-van safely it scares me to imagine Joe Sixpack driving one.

Quick Reply: Hertz Shelby 350H Reservation