Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT got F*CKED up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

Default My GT got F*CKED up!!!

I was driving to my girlfriend's new condo Saturday afternoon.

I was about 2 miles from exit 27 eastbound on I-84.

I saw a small tan compact in the travel lane trying to force his way into the passing lane (where I was driving).

Suddenly the guy in front of me swerved violently. I figured the tan compact was trying to cut him off. Then I saw a blue object in the road and as I realized what it was I tried to avoid it.

Sadly I was way too slow to react.

I can't believe this happened! I don't even have 2700 miles on the car.

I've never had an accident before.

Anybody have any tips for dealing with insurance? I want to make sure my car looks as good as it did the day I got it.

I'm still in shock over this...all I planned to do Saturday was wash and wax it.

Damaged GT:

more:
http://www.sullivannettech.com/6-10-...onHighway1.jpg

http://www.sullivannettech.com/6-10-...onHighway2.jpg

http://www.sullivannettech.com/6-10-...Dealership.jpg

The Object:

Old 06-12-2006, 01:26 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My GT got F*CKED up!!!

Damn... jacked up by a boat seat.. sorry to hear that man. It looks like its mainly all fascia damage and the tire. I would be worried about the rim being dented though, have you checked it at all? As for the insurance... as long as you have full coverage they should cover it.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:26 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry the stang got hurt by that road debris.....insurance
will cover it, it's not your fault....hope she gets fixed up
soon
Old 06-12-2006, 03:03 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

sorry to see that. your insurance should fix it up good as new. your rates will not (should not ) go up at all, as this will be a comprehensive clain, not collision. i hit a deer in my explorer a few years ago and that was a comprehensive claim.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:12 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I was on 680, off Hwy 84 in the vicinity of Pleasanton California Saturday afternoon.

Multiple car accident, the law and the tow trucks had not even arrived yet, as I went by slowly much to my dismay I spotted a Red GT in fracas. Got hit pretty hard at both ends. I'm thinking a total. It sucks about your car, but the Red one was way worse.

Many years ago I bagged one of those wench thing on Hwy 101 in Southern California out of San Diego on a vacation trip. Thought I was OK till I looked under the car. Damn thing flattened the exhaust. Fortunately the car was reasonably new, so a dealer actually had a replacement pipe in inventory, and I was back on the road that evening.

Good luck to you!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:23 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I was on 680, off Hwy 84 in the vicinity of Pleasanton California Saturday afternoon.

Multiple car accident, the law and the tow trucks had not even arrived yet, as I went by slowly much to my dismay I spotted a Red GT in fracas. Got hit pretty hard at both ends. I'm thinking a total. It sucks about your car, but the Red one was way worse.

Many years ago I bagged one of those wench thing on Hwy 101 in Southern California out of San Diego on a vacation trip. Thought I was OK till I looked under the car. Damn thing flattened the exhaust. Fortunately the car was reasonably new, so a dealer actually had a replacement pipe in inventory, and I was back on the road that evening.

Good luck to you!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:55 AM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

[sm=owned.gif] by a boat seat!

Seriously though, that sucks *** dude!

I hate seeing crap like that happen. It is especially painful when your ride is new. The wait time between the damage and getting it fixed seems like an eternity.

I would get an estimate and see if it can be repaired for less than the cost of your deductible. If so avoid the Insurance company alltogether.

Good luck.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:26 AM
muze one

As Blinkage stated, Looks like just the bumper facia is damaged...if you're a do it your-selfer...buy a bumper cover (ebay, factory color) and replacement light lens and change it yourself. It may cost you less than your deductible!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:53 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Ouch! Hopefully your deductible isn't real high! Or is that just for collision? Either way it sucks big time, my sympathy. [&o]
Old 06-12-2006, 11:59 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I agree, something similar happened to my rear bumper cover and I did just that (cost lest than $300 plus the time to do it myself). Also, you might consider the clear corner lens now that you have to replace one lens. Just a thought! Or better yet, if you thought about moding your front fascia with someting like a Roush or some other type, now would be the time to do it, seeing that the Insurance will pay to have it fixed. If you take it to the dealer, you will pay as much if not more for a new bumper cover if you get it from them instead of a take-off through the web or Ebay or even possibly an aftermarket mod. They quoted me over $500 just for my rear bumper cover not including the paint and labor to install it[:@]. So I did it myself. I was lucky to find a take-off the same color on the web for $260. I'm sure someone here will know where to get one. As a matter of fact, I know Saleen.com sells them. I'm not sure of the cost though.

ORIGINAL: muze one

As Blinkage stated, Looks like just the bumper facia is damaged...if you're a do it your-selfer...buy a bumper cover (ebay, factory color) and replacement light lens and change it yourself. It may cost you less than your deductible!